Another is to find negatives so that if/when things go bad, they can reflect on the negatives and place causation there. You may be (probably are) neither but I would encourage you to find joy wherever you can because it's a hell of a lot healthier for you. And it's a lot nicer for everyone. I know how hard that can be, I've been trying for a long time and, in general, I'm successful about half the time. Which I'm learning is actually really above average.
There's a finer line than you might think between arguing too much and resigned, resentful silence. Keep communicating and eventually you both will hear what the other wants.
Thank you for the sage advice.
Finding the joy indeed. And there is so much joy to be had right now, but I'm wasting my time on panic and worry. We had our first snow last night, and everything is white, and the sun is out. There is so much joy.
Thanks Aloha.
Also, in the "if you don't learn it the first time you hear it, you'll keep hearing it louder and louder until you do" file, a few weeks ago I told my very kind boss how I'd had a nightmare where I dreamt that I failed to hire someone to teach a drama workshop, only to have 30 ultra-hyper kids show up at the theatre with no one to teach them and nothing to do. He told me, in the same vein: "You know, if you worry about the worst case senario all the time, you'll more than likly cause it to happen. At least that's been my experience. And even if that did happen, it'd be way less of a screw-up than my worst mistakes when I did your job, and look at me now -(he runs the school)!" It's great to have a boss who tells me not to worry.
I've found in general that being surrounded by puppets and fuzzy monkey masks tends to help everyone around be more human. At home, I stress out about the major responsibilites I've taken on with this job, but when I'm actually in the office I'm happy and productive, mostly because I'm surrounded by happy productive people. We ain't in it fo' the $$ after all!