Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Holy f'ing hell!  (Read 8041 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2005, 07:59:28 pm »

You just need to bring a six-pack of Smirnoff Ice to the laundromat.  Instant party!
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2005, 08:18:05 pm »

Quote from: "Nabubrush drinks (a lot)"
Coin-op laundry is almost a deal-breaker as far as I'm concerned. My wife picked out our present location before I moved down, and it had to have a lot of things going for it for me to agree. And even then, it was the fact that a good friend of hers agreed to sell us his washer/dryer for $50 that finally sealed the deal.

I despise the laundromat. There are never cute girls dancing around there like I see in the television commercials and music videos.

Our last place had a tiny washer-dryer in unit that did like half a load and took well over 2 hours. The current place has coin-op in the basement. Between the noise and needing multiple loads I'm not sure it was actually more convenient.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2005, 09:22:39 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"

Absolutely devilish solution to a sticky problem.


I can't even think of what to say. Kudos, Kodos.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2005, 09:40:51 pm »

Random laundromat stories:

When I was a child I was positive that only very poor people used the laundromat.  When one time our washer broke and my mother sent me to the coin-op to do laundry, I was mortified in the profoundly awful way that only a teenager can be mortified.  Bizarrely, when we were on food stamps for a while - which you'd think would be a more obvious marker of poverty - it didn't bother me one bit to shop with them.  But going to the laundromat was just heartrendingly embarassing.

Later when I was in college I used to go to a laundromat in Cambridge that had a sign saying that the movie Love Story was filmed there.  I couldn't really imagine that anyone cared.  Eventually sometime in the 1980s they took the sign down when they painted.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2005, 10:01:00 pm »

In college, when I moved off-campus, there was a laundromat on one corner, a bar on the opposite corner.

Clothes in the washer... go drink a beer.
Come back, put them in the dryer... go drink a beer.
Come back, they aren't dry yet, pump in more quarters... go drink a beer.

Laundry wasn't so bad.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2005, 10:52:11 pm »

In Columbus, we had bars that were Laundromats. You put in your clothes, had some beers, played some darts watched the game, checked your clothres, folded, had another beer, went home.

It was awesome.
Logged

Gimpson

  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 16
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 592
    • View Profile
    • http://www.gimpysoft.com
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2005, 11:11:11 pm »

When I was young my mom used to go to a laundromat that had an attached arcade.  The best thing was that it wasn't any normal arcade, it was an all you can play arcade.  All the machines had a ton of credits on them, and if you ever found one without credits the people would add more.  

I so looked forward to laundry days, and was kind of sad when my folks found a house.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #37 on: January 04, 2005, 01:04:03 am »

Quote from: "Gimpson"
When I was young my mom used to go to a laundromat that had an attached arcade.  The best thing was that it wasn't any normal arcade, it was an all you can play arcade.  All the machines had a ton of credits on them, and if you ever found one without credits the people would add more.  

I so looked forward to laundry days, and was kind of sad when my folks found a house.


That's a hell of an idea.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #38 on: January 04, 2005, 04:15:25 am »

Okay, so the ultimate laundromat would have:

 - all-you-can-play arcade
 - sports/gaming bar
 - newsstand
 - bank upon bank of front-loading washer


I think I'm working up a new business plan.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2005, 06:29:28 am »

Quote from: "Choop"
I think I'm working up a new business plan.


Your Wise Men discover the secret of Strip Mall!
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2005, 01:17:45 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Okay, so the ultimate laundromat would have:

 - all-you-can-play arcade
 - sports/gaming bar
 - newsstand
 - bank upon bank of front-loading washer


I think I'm working up a new business plan.


But you've forgotten something, it needs SNACKS.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2005, 02:02:46 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "Choop"
I think I'm working up a new business plan.


Your Wise Men discover the secret of Strip Mall!

That's fine and dandy but they'd better get their asses in gear and discover the railroad. Don't they know how important that is?
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Holy f'ing hell!
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2005, 04:08:24 pm »

Another random laundry story

I used to live in a beautiful character building famously known around to have the second oldest elevator in the city.  The laundry room was in a very creepy area of the basement, and was constantly filled with steam.  Although the building was huge there was never anyone in the laundry room when I went in.  My friend, who I subletted this apartment from, had had his laundry stolen repeatedly, so I usually did my laundry at my parents place.

On day when I was going out, a note was tacked to a message board in the lobby which used every foul word in the English language.  The message boiled down to this - the author's laundry had been stolen, and he hopes whoever stole his clothes enjoys them because the author of the note has a very bad case of crabs.  I loved this note, and it stayed up for over a week, only to be replaced by another swearing letter full of threats of violence.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up