Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Irish Nachos are a charming take on the original, but I wonder what Uighur Nachos would be like. A mutton leg on a crisped pita?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Katamari Damacy  (Read 5950 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2004, 02:31:56 pm »

That's this one, right?

Damn, I wish I had time to play video games.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2004, 03:24:49 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Damn, I wish I had time to play video games.


That's a bad attitude, son. You've got to make the time for video games.

Now give me five good laps around the field and hit the showers.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2005, 02:59:34 am »

Bumping this!

So fellow ball-rollers, what's your record?  What's your biggest moon?  How many crowns have you collected?  How many swans?  

875m!!!  Woot!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2005, 07:51:57 pm »

Thread necromancy, hooray. Because I felt like it.

The soundtrack for the sequel, We (heart) Katamari, is out. It is not overall as good as the original soundtrack, but it has its high points: an a capella version of Katamari On The Rocks, a swing version entitled Katamari On The Swing, a kind of big cinematic orchestral piece such as one might find in a Disney movie called The Royal Academy Of Katamari, and my perplexing favorite, The King Of Kings' Song, which appears to be a gaijin singing in Japanese about how much he loves the King's Royal Rainbow.

That's all I really had to say.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2005, 09:10:27 pm »

I missed this thread before, so thanks for bringing it back!

This game is going to ruin my life.  I can feel it coming.  I just played it for the first time about a month ago, because we don't have a PS2, but a game cube  (harvest moon.  yay.).  So we were over at a friend's place and my SO was all "Hey, they have that game you keep looking at whenever we go to the store."  And then I played it.  And now I want a PS2.  We can't afford a god damn PS2 right now, god damn it.  Why must this game be sooo good?  I was actually contemplating convincing my man to get the system, even though we don't have basic things for our home like curtains for our new house, I talked myself out of it though.
 
And damn if I didn't get the songs stuck in my head.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2005, 09:11:02 pm »

Oh man! KATAMARI DAMASHEEEEEE! I love the visual alliteration of the kanji, too. Radness.

I have already pre-ordered the sequel game. I love that game so fuck*ng much. I got it to Eternal mode on levels 1, 3, 8, and Make the Moon.
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2005, 09:44:02 pm »

Quote from: "side_show"
 We can't afford a god damn PS2 .


amen.

one thing to keep in mind about used PS/2's, a lot of people bought the new, small PS/2's, just because.  and then they realized they will never put a hd in or use a hd in their ps/2, so hey they sold it.  not anything wrong with it.

of course, most people prolly beat the holy hell out of it.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2005, 09:44:17 pm »

Quote from: "Ben-San"
Thread necromancy, hooray. Because I felt like it.

The soundtrack for the sequel, We (heart) Katamari, is out. It is not overall as good as the original soundtrack, but it has its high points: an a capella version of Katamari On The Rocks, a swing version entitled Katamari On The Swing, a kind of big cinematic orchestral piece such as one might find in a Disney movie called The Royal Academy Of Katamari, and my perplexing favorite, The King Of Kings' Song, which appears to be a gaijin singing in Japanese about how much he loves the King's Royal Rainbow.

That's all I really had to say.

I am deeply intrigued, especially with the King of Kings' Song. I mean, what?

Also, what's the street date for We <3 Katamari? I will have significantly more video-game-system access next year, and I suspect this will need to be duly installed in the common room.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2005, 10:29:52 pm »

Is that, like, the Gryffindor common room?
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2005, 11:25:02 pm »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Is that, like, the Gryffindor common room?

In the sense that it is a common space in a dormitory and that it will hold a goodly quantity of nerds, yes.
Logged

beanmom

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 28
    • View Profile
Katamari Damacy
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2005, 02:50:10 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
Also, what's the street date for We <3 Katamari? I will have significantly more video-game-system access next year, and I suspect this will need to be duly installed in the common room.


September 7.  Pre-order yours now.   :lol:
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up