Breaking news, y'all. Sorry to re-open a dead thread, but I didn't want to hijack Va's thread, and this is a small enough piece of news that I don't think it merits a thread of its own.
I'm due four weeks from today, as those of you who have been counting might know. As you also might or might not know, I've had all kinds of freakish complications with this pregnancy, including but not limited to: thyroid disorder, gallstones, and gestational diabetes. For this reason, my doctor informed me this morning that not only will he not let me go past my due date, but that he will induce labor as early as he feels is absolutely safe for me and Pearce/Pierce. Which means, if I don't go into labor by February 21st, I'll check in to the hospital for an induction.
This is great news in that it means that we just had a week cut off of our waiting period, and that there is definitely a clear end in sight for what has been a rather difficult pregnancy. However, I'm still hoping to go into labor naturally (on account if it being generally better for the baby and easier on the Mama), so say a prayer/keep your fingers crossed that the induction turns out to be a moot point.
Also, if you're the praying type, please say a few words for my cousin. She's a single mom who lost her mother to cancer two years ago, and is going to have to decide this week whether or not to remove her father from life support following a very sudden heart attack/stroke combination yesterday morning. Sorry this is all wrapped up in baby stuff, but I only have time for a couple of posts today and I had a lot of "sharing" to do.
Thanks.
PS. Anybody know when Chris' baby is due?