Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Have you ever woken up to find phrases like "cryogenic baseball player" in your Google search field?

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage  (Read 7974 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2005, 08:01:07 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"


Quote from: "Golfhaus"
On the other hand, Ray is one of Those People. No, I don't mean circumsized, I mean one of those people that holds the cell phone away from his face as he talks into it. I hate that. Damn you Ray.

Agreed. Why do you have a device designed to be held right up to your ear, then hold it two feet away so you have to yell into it and the crank the volume so people 12 yards away can hear the earpiece? This is right up there with people who constantly use speakerphone. Especially at work.


Sounds like an eavesdropping-to-come setup if I've ever seen one. But who will it be? Lyle? Mr. Bear? Phillipe? Or...(gasp!)...Arthur?
Logged

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2005, 08:27:22 pm »

Quote from: "Noah"
i thought it was some kind of weird walkie talkie phone-thing


Yeah, I thought of the "two-ways" Ray and Teodor were using as being Underground versions of Nextel phones, the ones with the walkie-talkie-type option and the irritiating chirp.  It's hard to use those like a regular phone because that signal chirp is also hell of loud.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2005, 09:21:33 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
We already know Beef's last name is Greek, don't we?  Where's CJ?

Shit. I think you're right but I can't remember where I gleaned this information. I just checked his blog but I'm currently unable to search the archives. Assuming it wasn't in the cookbook or something. Dammit, I hate it when this happens.
Logged

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2005, 09:31:22 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "wombat"
We already know Beef's last name is Greek, don't we?  Where's CJ?

Shit. I think you're right but I can't remember where I gleaned this information. I just checked his blog but I'm currently unable to search the archives. Assuming it wasn't in the cookbook or something. Dammit, I hate it when this happens.


It was from me and an observation I made somewhere on ehre.

Kazenzakis is a Greek name.
He also has, on separate occasions, made moussaka. Once with Weldon and one referred to in a over-the-Taco-Bell-speaker fight with Molly as overheard by Teodor on the scanner (he sneaks Moussaka into theatres).

It follows that, if any religion, he is Greek Orthodox.
Logged

Skillator

  • Guest
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2005, 09:38:37 pm »

Pat will never learn and this may finally be his downfall.

If you can successfully piss off beef...
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=11122004

Make Téodor mad enough to push you...
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=03082005

And insult a man's c*ck... You deserve to be taken to hell by the devil's banjo. Fuck you pat. And fuck your filthy c*ck.
Logged

sailor

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 301
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2005, 10:16:32 pm »

This is one of those strips where everybody in this college computer lab is givin' me the "what the fuck is so funny, dude?" look. that is awesome.
Logged
Hey, what's this? Cursive?

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2005, 11:48:54 pm »

Of course, the cookbook:

"I guess it's because I grew up with my grandma and she's real old-school Greek you know, always cookin' a ton and makin' everyone else help."
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2005, 07:41:46 pm »

Quote from: "Max"
going through the strip i picked out like at least five lines that could make great titles.  so don't rag on the thread starter; that is what pieces of shit do.


One mark of a great strip is the number of possible names for the discussion thread.

Someone should create an index and quantify the greatness of each strip based on possible discussion thread titles.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
03/11/05: the very lifeline of my heritage
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2005, 06:42:25 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "*****_roll_call"
Do you guys realize that there has been a new Achewood every weekday for the past two weeks? Is that a record? I bet it's because Onstad is really into this storyline. I think it shows, anyways.

You fool! Now you've gone and jinxed it.


Whoops! My bad! We return Tuesday. With chicken.
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up