Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: A Special Boy and a Special Goat  (Read 4143 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« on: March 25, 2005, 06:39:07 pm »

Saw the Mountain Goats last night, pretty sweet.


A special boy and a special Goat


Hail Satan!!!

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2005, 07:18:32 pm »

So Paul, I've been wondering - do you ask a friend who came with you to snap photos of you all the time, or do you trust strangers enough to take your photo and not run off with your camera?

Because I have a severe distrust of strangers, especially since there's no way I could catch them if they ran off (not without my heart/lungs exploding anyway).

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2005, 07:37:45 pm »

This is Texas the Friendship State, there are no strangers here.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2005, 08:58:12 pm »

Oh, that's right.  I forget that you're a Texan.

Yeah, I'd trust people more down South, or in the great sovereign state of Texas.  It's one of my favourite places in the country.

Up here in the north people are unfriendly and untrusting.  In fact, it seems the higher you go the less friendly people become - people in Delaware are nicer than those in Philly, who are in turn nicer than New Yorkers, who are friendlier than people in Boston, etc.

By the time you get to Maine you'd better mind your own business or you'll end up with an ass full of buckshot.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2005, 09:40:18 pm »

I'm way further west and south of all y'all and my experience is a little jaded since there is so much property crime out here....but, most of the time, I would hand my camera to someone to snap a shot.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2005, 12:04:32 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm way further west and south of all y'all and my experience is a little jaded since there is so much property crime out here....but, most of the time, I would hand my camera to someone to snap a shot.



Property crime?
Describe. I find your description interesting, and would like to subscribe to your news-letter.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2005, 02:41:42 am »

Quote from: "Bozack"
Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
I'm way further west and south of all y'all and my experience is a little jaded since there is so much property crime out here....but, most of the time, I would hand my camera to someone to snap a shot.



Property crime?
Describe. I find your description interesting, and would like to subscribe to your news-letter.


Property crimes would be crimes against property rather than people.  Theft, vandalism or arson for instance.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2005, 03:21:18 am »

Precisely, as opposed to rape, assault and murder.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2005, 08:34:56 am »

I'm sorry, but Hawaii and California do not count as "The North".

The North begins in lower Delaware and extends up the East Coast to Maine.

It goes as far west as West Virginia.  The far reaches of Pennsylvania is really the farthest west The North extends.

Generally the opposite rule is true for the West Coast - the farther north you go the friendlier people are (think of the difference between L.A. and San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, and Canada).

The mid-west is just... unfortunate.  Outside of Chicago, I'm not sure why we need a large expanse between the coasts.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2005, 09:57:11 am »

Canada's in the South then, eh?
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2005, 02:24:07 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Generally the opposite rule is true for the West Coast - the farther north you go the friendlier people are (think of the difference between L.A. and San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, and Canada).


That's so true.  Maybe that's why I love Canadians so much.  Another band that played Thursday night was Black Mountain from Vancouver and they were very nice friendly people.

I'd never heard of these guys, but was impressed enough to buy their CD.  There's is a retro sound, 60's-70's psych rock.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2005, 05:36:48 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "jough"
Generally the opposite rule is true for the West Coast - the farther north you go the friendlier people are (think of the difference between L.A. and San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, and Canada).


That's so true.  Maybe that's why I love Canadians so much.  Another band that played Thursday night was Black Mountain from Vancouver and they were very nice friendly people.
I'd never heard of these guys, but was impressed enough to buy their CD.  There's is a retro sound, 60's-70's psych rock.

~Paul


They were playing when I was in Seattle last, but I couldn't make that show or the Vancouver show, unfortunately.  I've heard their most recent album, and it's pretty good.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2005, 06:50:40 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

The mid-west is just... unfortunate.  Outside of Chicago, I'm not sure why we need a large expanse between the coasts.


i'll give you a hint:

you like to eat.

hth, hand.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2005, 08:58:20 pm »

I import all of my feed from Europe.

Max

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 147
    • View Profile
    • http://rock-action.blogspot.com
A Special Boy and a Special Goat
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2005, 09:22:47 pm »

since no one else has for whatever reason bothered to say it, let me just mention i think it's really bad ass that you have a picture of yourself with john darnielle and that john darnielle looks pretty concerned about it.
Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up