Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Shameless Whoring  (Read 7398 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shameless Whoring
« on: August 01, 2003, 04:52:38 pm »

I have no idea how much bandwidth this bad-boy is going to eat up, or how much keeping the boards open will cost, but in an effort to keep the site ad-free I put a link to our "Tip Jar" below.

So if you can spare some scratch to aid in server costs, help a brother and sister out.

Thanks.

-- Jough

yahnai

  • Dr. Kisses
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 43
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2003, 06:12:34 pm »

Hey, guys, do you think this board will survive without a link from Onstad's site?  I mean...  I haven't tried a Google search for Achewood, but will this board site come up?
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2003, 06:20:35 pm »

Probably not yet.  I'll see what I can do about getting it listed.  

To aid our cause, if you've got a link to Achewood on your site, won't you do us a favor and link to us as well?  Maybe someone can play around with making us an official link button.  I'm giving Jough the afternoon off.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 09:00:10 pm »

'Preciate it.  I still haven't been to bed yet.  I'm starting to feel like Nick Nolte on a bender.

We'll be in Google eventually.  Google *loves* plagiarist.com, so I'll post a link on the main site page and we'll get picked up soon enough.

But getting listed on Achewood.com of course would be the best thing.  That way Onstad can support his fans without having to have anything to do with them (us).

-- Jough

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2003, 09:02:44 pm »

When I showed my spouse the web address, he said, "Plagiarist.com?  I've been there before!"  

It was neat.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

richter

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
    • http://www.permutation.org
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2003, 09:43:50 pm »

Will link.

Will tip.

Thanks for being such gracious hosts.
Logged
i'll get linda blair all up in this biznatch

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2003, 03:04:11 am »

I'll talk it up on the other boards where I post.  Like that'll do much good.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2003, 03:30:44 am »

Thank you Jason Ramey! :)

Squee!

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
I'm baaaaack
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2003, 06:14:45 am »

As soon as I have moneys I will help out.  Thank you guy and gal for being oh so kind as to take the initiative to start this.  Oh, and hello!  I'm gone (as far as the internet is concerned) for a couple months and look what happens.  We're here now.  Anyways.  I guess this post is mainly to check if my avatar works.  (Edit: yay, it does!  obviously.)

It's good to be interacting with you all again!
Logged
We close our eyes and the world has turned around again..

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2003, 07:37:02 pm »

I was wondering what happened to you. Weeeee was gone too. It was scary.
Logged

weeeeee

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 17
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2003, 10:12:22 am »

OMG L,JASDLBSGDLJNDSLJB squee! also I still got no registration confirmation for my email address so now I have only 3 e's in my name until this mess can get worked out. also, when I have money I will donate it because this is a really cool thing to do.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2003, 08:56:49 pm »

Thank you PinkStainlessTail! :)

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2003, 08:59:09 pm »

Now, how about the rest of you?  

Yes, I'm looking at you!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

PinkStainlessTail

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 269
    • View Profile
    • http://horsmanistan.blogspot.com/
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2003, 09:07:59 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Thank you PinkStainlessTail! :)


Hey, you fixed my username. And also you do the Lord's work, what with the nice message board.
Logged
"Plush. Rabid. Festering. Pulchritude. Eschew!"

"That may be the worst cheer ever."
-The University of Universal Understanding, S. Aldred

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Shameless Whoring
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2003, 09:18:37 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
Now, how about the rest of you?  

Yes, I'm looking at you!


I promise, I will pay up when I have a way to do so. Living in the UK I have no way to get any money to paypal (my debit card they don't accept :( and they don't do direct banking transfers)
But I will be sorting a REAL card soon, so I will pay up, with interest when that day comes. Meanwhile - anything else I can do I will be happy to!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up