Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Wilco Problem  (Read 3048 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

starlight

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 323
    • View Profile
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~aekastar
The Wilco Problem
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2005, 11:36:35 am »

I sent off a PM for that comp ;D

Lucky, lucky!
Well, I didn't even know they were coming to town...!
Of course, I'm in the dark a lot... heh.

---

As for the appeal of Wilco... well, all it took for me to like them was hearing 'Reservations' first.  that was about 3yrs ago.... no, I hadn't gotten into them till then.
Logged
Texas only kept me awake

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
The Wilco Problem
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2005, 01:15:45 pm »

Paul,

thank you for allowing me to live vicariously through you; the last concert i saw was in the previous century.

glad to see your ankle is doing better?
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Wilco Problem
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2005, 05:10:33 pm »

Quote from: "starlight"
I sent off a PM for that comp ;D

I've been listening to this thing constantly since Sunday.  It's the most amazing bootleg i've ever heard.  A lot of care was placed compiling this thing.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Wilco Problem
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2005, 05:11:40 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Me- I enjoy your music.

Jeff Tweedy- And I'm enjoying your moustache.

This will go down in history as one of humanity's perfect conversations.


I would like to thank you for not turning this into a crude double entedre as it so easily could have been.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
The Wilco Problem
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2005, 05:16:42 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Me- I enjoy your music.

Jeff Tweedy- And I'm enjoying your moustache.

This will go down in history as one of humanity's perfect conversations.


I would like to thank you for not turning this into a crude double entedre as it so easily could have been.

~Paul


And I would like to thank you, Paul, for the most sexually explicit image I've had this morning.  Which is saying a lot.  Perhaps, though, thank isn't the right word.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
The Wilco Problem
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2005, 05:17:17 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Yeah, I tend not to spend *too* much time listening to music I don't like.  I'm weird like that.

But I'm giving YHF another try right now.


It took me some time to really get into Wilco, but once it sunk in I was hooked.  There's a lot of subtle complexity to this music that only becomes apparent upon repeated listens.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up