Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas  (Read 19307 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2005, 07:32:12 am »

Quote from: "jough"

I'm doing the "Stowaway" mission where you have to ride your bike up the ramp of a plane, but the bike is not fast enough to catch the plane!  I even tried not even trying to go up the ramp and just tried to catch up to the plane going as fast as possible, and I didn't even come CLOSE.


You need to lean forwards. On keys, repeatedly tap the lean forwards key, and swerve well to the left of the ramp at first to avoid the barrels. Doing it that way, you'll probably nail it second time.

One of my favourite missions, just due to how cool it was.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2005, 05:48:27 am »

Quote from: "slink"

You need to lean forwards. On keys, repeatedly tap the lean forwards key, and swerve well to the left of the ramp at first to avoid the barrels. Doing it that way, you'll probably nail it second time.


Yeah, I was doing that - I have a guide that I turn to when I've tried a mission a few times and am ready to chuck the laptop out the window.

I tried it maybe 50 times and could never get even close to the plane, and the couple times I did it LUNGED away from me as soon as I approached.

Then I read something on a forum where someone suggested turning down the display quality to make the gameplay faster.  So I turned down the resolution, texture quality, and turned off aliasing, and then tried Stowaway again and got it without even having to lean forward.  Actually, the first time I went REALLY fast and actually overshot the plane.

Anyway, I inched up the display quality again using Stowaway as my barometer.  If I could get on the plane, I turned up the juice until I couldn't catch it anymore, then brought it back down.

Now EVERY mission is easier.  I even went back through the flight school and got golds on a number of tests there were simply IMPOSSIBLE before.

Of course, now that I've finished the desert missions and most of the Las Venturas missions I'm now stuck on Freefall (the one where you have to go past the really fast jet, swing around instantly and fly through the corona?) and again it is seemingly impossible.  I modified the handling.cfg file (when in doubt, change physics) but now I have the opposite problem - overshooting the thing and/or crashing into it and blowing up in midair.  I'll have to tweak it I guess.

Yeah, stowaway was a fun mission after it ceased being IMPOSSIBLE.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
« Reply #77 on: July 19, 2005, 06:37:08 am »

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2005, 03:42:48 am »

Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2005, 04:14:51 am »

Yeah, just about everything in the game is based on SOMETHING in CA or NV.

Also, having now completed all of the story missions, I feel a sense of... ennui.  I'm still not at 100%, and I will continue to play the game as I played Vice City - and I'm sure there are still places in LV that I still haven't explored yet, but it was a good and frustrating run of difficult missions and I'm mostly glad to be over them.

I'm also loving that I've souped up every vehicle in handling.cfg and now my golf cart goes 240mph.

Also, I am working on getting miles on every vehicle in the stats.

And hunting for cars for Export.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up