Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that someone should really go fix up the Achewood Wiki, the Achewiki, which could serve as a knowledge base for all things Achewood?

Poll

Achewood Convention

Great Idea
- 10 (76.9%)
Terrible Idea
- 3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: June 16, 2005, 03:26:52 pm


Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Achewood Convention  (Read 16761 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2005, 04:55:33 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Is that the place with hundreds of kinds of beer?  I might have to bring my husband.  He probably wouldn't care if I went to an Achewood-themed orgy without him, but the possibility of that many kinds of beer is another story.


Yes, that's the place.


PLEASE BE AWARE that the Brickskeller doesn't open until 6 on Sat/Sun. I showed up at 3 after a long walk with an old Colonel and MAN were we pissed off.

ALSO SOMEBODY SHOOT THEIR WEB "DESIGNER" PLS THX OKBYE
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2005, 06:42:22 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "wombat"
Is that the place with hundreds of kinds of beer?  I might have to bring my husband.  He probably wouldn't care if I went to an Achewood-themed orgy without him, but the possibility of that many kinds of beer is another story.


Yes, that's the place.

PLEASE BE AWARE that the Brickskeller doesn't open until 6 on Sat/Sun. I showed up at 3 after a long walk with an old Colonel and MAN were we pissed off.

ALSO SOMEBODY SHOOT THEIR WEB "DESIGNER" PLS THX OKBYE

Sweet zombie jesus! I mean, damn. I only spend about $1.70/month for hosting and get free image scaling. So I'd think a semi-famous business could swing it. That's just . . . big.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2005, 11:51:27 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
ALSO SOMEBODY SHOOT THEIR WEB "DESIGNER" PLS THX OKBYE

That was not a pretty website.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

robot_roll_call

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 331
  • That's one o!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2005, 02:24:53 am »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
It doesn't surprise me that much that Onstad is in the top 50 -- there were a lot of posts initially (before the baby was born and/or boredom set in), and after you get through about the top fifteen post counts start dropping precipitously. There are some other posters on the top fifty I wouldn't have expected.


I'm number 36!
Logged
Did you know that Achewood is literary.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #49 on: June 19, 2005, 04:11:39 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
If it weren't so damned far away from public transportation I'd say Old Dominion. I don't like beer but they have a dandy root beer on draught.

Where are you?

In in north Arlington (right by Ft. Meyer) but I lived in Ashburn about 2 miles from the Old Dominion brewery for almost 15 years so it was a frequent spot for family dinners.


Hm, I was there last night. I threw up between Veitch and Adams streets. Good times, good times.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2005, 06:10:25 pm »

What if we had simultaneous mini-cons in several cities?  We could have on in DC, another for los Californianos, and maybe one in the deep south (perhaps Tejas, since Paul is all about some Achehead Con).  We could arrange for one person in each group to call someone else in another group, and pass the ol' cell phone around a bit.  When it's all done, we'd have some cool photos to post and we'd at least get to meet some of the people in our region.  

Other thoughts?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Achewood Convention
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2005, 06:13:56 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
What if we had simultaneous mini-cons in several cities?  We could have on in DC, another for los Californianos, and maybe one in the deep south (perhaps Tejas, since Paul is all about some Achehead Con).  We could arrange for one person in each group to call someone else in another group, and pass the ol' cell phone around a bit.  When it's all done, we'd have some cool photos to post and we'd at least get to meet some of the people in our region.  

Other thoughts?


Time zones may pose a difficulty. Plus, isn't one of us from bumfuck Alaska? Will that person party by themselves?
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2005, 06:51:29 pm »

Quote from: "Bobby Isosceles"
Quote from: "jldunston"
What if we had simultaneous mini-cons in several cities?  We could have on in DC, another for los Californianos, and maybe one in the deep south (perhaps Tejas, since Paul is all about some Achehead Con).  We could arrange for one person in each group to call someone else in another group, and pass the ol' cell phone around a bit.  When it's all done, we'd have some cool photos to post and we'd at least get to meet some of the people in our region.  

Other thoughts?

Time zones may pose a difficulty. Plus, isn't one of us from bumfuck Alaska? Will that person party by themselves?

When you're in a place called "bumfuck" then every day is a party. They don't need our help.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2005, 06:54:52 pm »

Simultaneous cons is a great idea.  I'm sure we could work around the time zone problem.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2005, 06:57:44 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
What if we had simultaneous mini-cons in several cities?  We could have on in DC, another for los Californianos, and maybe one in the deep south (perhaps Tejas, since Paul is all about some Achehead Con).  We could arrange for one person in each group to call someone else in another group, and pass the ol' cell phone around a bit.  When it's all done, we'd have some cool photos to post and we'd at least get to meet some of the people in our region.  

Other thoughts?


That could work.  In addition to the telephone pass around each party could have at least one lap top for posting during the party.

Also, there are at least 4 from the board here in the Houston area.  How come we have never gotten together?  Dammit we have a zoo and everything.  No steam tunnels though.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
Achewood Convention
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2005, 07:09:06 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, there are at least 4 from the board here in the Houston area.  How come we have never gotten together?


Because I'm naturally reclusive, and because you people all scare the hell out of me.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2005, 07:11:50 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Also, there are at least 4 from the board here in the Houston area.  How come we have never gotten together?


Because I'm naturally reclusive, and because you people all scare the hell out of me.

Oh come on, what's to be scared of.  There's me, i'm just a big dumb teddy bear.  There's starlight, who is a waigiraffe little girl.  And Keef.  Well Keef is a little bit scary come to think of it.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2005, 07:48:29 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Oh come on, what's to be scared of.  There's me, i'm just a big dumb teddy bear.

With evil facial hair. Didn't you people ever watch The Tick? That thing is some kind of alien being which has possessed your mind.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #58 on: June 27, 2005, 03:43:48 pm »

I've never been to Texas.  

How 'bout that, Pedro?  I've never been there.  I sure do wish somebody would take me someday.  


Nudge.  
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Achewood Convention
« Reply #59 on: June 27, 2005, 08:43:59 pm »

Have you ever been to Hawaii? How the hell is Texas better than Hawaii?

Texas <is> on the approved relocation list, though.
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up