Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
That the second best way to sound like a noob is to ask why robot and pants are censored?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters  (Read 4047 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

St_Zartan

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 11
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 928
    • View Profile
    • http://zer-un.199x.net
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 05:29:04 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
They lost me when Halftrack got brought up on harrasement charges.


I don't take a paper, so I haven't read it in, probably, years - but the old (and I mean old, I guess - the collections I have were published in the mid-80's and contain god only knows when) strips are occasionally really quite clever. I've found that every time Mort Walker tries to "update" Beetle Bailey, it fails. Oh, how it fails. Yeah, trying to shoehorn the drunken lech Halftrack into "sensitivity training" or whatever is nonsense, especially since his two dang secretaries are basically named for the size of their respective racks ("Blips" and "Buxley", for those of you playing along at home). Oh, and Specialist Chip Gizmo? Ye gods, that character fuck*ng sucks. HOW CAN I WORK IN SOME INTERNET JOKES???

OH

Quote
"Underrated."  Ok, it's not quite as lame as Cathy.  There are you happy?


I never enjoyed Cathy.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 05:30:50 pm »

Man, when is the last time we had a strip in the two-on-two four-square style? (I should check the archives, but I have rats coming out of the box soonish, so feh.) This strip feels fairly old-school, and I like it; it's a refreshing change of pace from long story arcs. Also, MORE LYLE.
Logged

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 05:56:04 pm »

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 06:11:46 pm »

Quote from: "bdeth dot com"
December 22, 2004

Awesome, thank you.

Also, now that I'm on a computer that lets me read alt text: classic alt text. I am picturing Philippe, dejected and totally sticky.
Logged

Cap'n Squeakers

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 36
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 146
  • I MET THE GUY WHO INVENTED SALAMI
    • View Profile
everyone
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 06:28:32 pm »

Quote from: "St_Zartan"
I never enjoyed Cathy.

Nobody does. Nobody except that one lumpy receptionist at work who uses too much hand lotion, scowls at you when you are late to work, and makes sure everyone signs the birthday card for Joanne down in finance (and chips in $7 for the crappy sheetcake from Costco).

Also, Cathy sweats so much that it is unhealthy.  

Cathy is like the anti-matter of humor.
Logged

gearnest

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
    • Prewar Gibson Banjos
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 12:28:23 pm »

Ack!
Logged

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 10:06:03 pm »

Stop talking about Cathy!  This comic was so sweet.  And yeah, Teodor is totally too lazy to move some 2-liters.

But what's gonna happen to T when Phillippe comes barelling down the hall>  No one knows!

I am so looking forward to the new Harry Potter.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
June 27th - Platform Nine and Three Quarters
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 02:18:18 am »

Aw c'mon give T a break.  He walks out into the hall and it's there's 2 liter bottles all over the place.  I'm sure he was taken aback by this.  It's not normal to find the hall blocked by 2 liter bottles.  So he asks a wtf question.  Maybe there was some legitimate purpose for the bottles being there.  Why risk pissing of Lyle for no good reason.  Had the subsequent events not transpired in such quick fashion i'm sure he would have simply moved the bottles and been on his way about his business.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up