Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.  (Read 3493 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2005, 05:53:14 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
Chuck Palahniuk's Survivor.  So far, yummy.

the man knows how to write a sentence.


Survivor was the first Palahniuk I read, and still in some ways one of my favourites. I just got Diary, and Haunted, but haven't read either yet. Apart from that I have read them all, probably rating Survivor and, the one with Monster in the title as my favourites. And possibly Choke.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

angryhate

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 9
    • View Profile
Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2005, 10:35:36 am »

bill, the galactic hero on the planet of bottled brains by harry harrison & robert sheckley

pretty decent not too serious scifi

bdeth dot com

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 63
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bdeth.com
Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2005, 08:18:24 pm »

1984
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 03:44:52 am »

Quote from: "editor"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Ilium but I'm like 6 pages in. It's the first Simmons book I've read but I've heard many times that Hyperion = good.

!!

Yes, Hyperion is excellent and Ilium is another good one.

Hope you enjoy the read as much as I did.  BTW, the sequel, Olympos, comes out in July.

So I dug on Ilium so I got Olympos and finished it this week and . . . well, yeah. Olympos was just weird. I'm not sure quite how to describe it but I hope his other books aren't like that. Plus I've never before seen somebody call a woman's fun bits her sex. And he did it like 4 times in one paragraph. It was very jarring.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 04:27:16 am »

Quote from: "angryhate"
bill, the galactic hero on the planet of bottled brains by harry harrison & robert sheckley

pretty decent not too serious scifi


You've read the Stainless Steel Rat books, right?  If you're going to read Harrison, these are a must (at least the first 3 or 4).
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Little black marks on pieces of paper intriguingly arranged.
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005, 02:26:03 pm »

So I finally finished Infinite Jest after a month and I'm a bit confused. I understand he doesn't tie everything up for you and some of the conclusions were easy to make but some of it is just hard to wrap my head around. Like how many narrators were there and what was the deal with the footnotes?
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up