Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: what a day/week/month/year  (Read 8623 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2005, 02:23:52 pm »

The squirrels ate every. fuck*ng. one. of our tomatoes yesterday.  There were a few that were starting to turn red, and then last night I go out to check... gone.  All gone.  Five plants, every tomato that had started on them... gone.

FUCKERS!  fuck*ng VERMIN SQUIRRELS!  DIE!  YOU TOO, TODD, YOU PIECE OF SHIT!

So yes, it was a shitty day yesterday.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2005, 02:46:21 pm »

Oh, squirrels are total bastards.  Oh yes they are.  My SO was once attacked by a squirrel to the point where he had this cute little scar on his ear.  

A few weeks ago we were out back of our old place and there was a squirrel on a wire chirping away to some other squirrel off in the distance.  My SO shook his fist at the squirrel in anger, so I translated the conversation for my SO:

Squirrel 1:  Hey there's a guy over here with delicious ears!
Squirrel 2:  Oh really?  Should I come over?
S1: Yeah, come over, we can both have a taste!
S2: Okay here I come!
my SO: Stop it!
S2:  You're right, they do look delicious!
my SO: (ducking into his truck) Nooo!
me:  I can't help it that squirrels think your ears are delicious.
my SO: yeah, yeah.
me: Hey, maybe it was the son of the squirrel that attached you back to finish the job.  Maybe it's his squirrelly destiny.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

V-Adore

  • Guest
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2005, 02:52:13 pm »

Pointless update: the data finally was successfully massaged, and now I've started the real experiment. This is good, since I enjoy doing science more than I enjoy analyzing science. I am about 15 minutes from shooting rats up with a hormone inhibitor drug. Whee!

Sympathy to all who are having crummy days/weeks/months/years. May things turn around.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2005, 03:24:03 pm »

B B guns work well on squirrels too.  As do sling shots.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

V-Adore

  • Guest
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2005, 03:33:49 pm »

Quote from: "Asherdan"
Quote from: "Pointless Update"
I am about 15 minutes from shooting rats up with a hormone inhibitor drug. Whee!


I gotta know: Do you name the little subjects?

Not most of them. The vast majority have identifying numbers and nothing else. Some of the really obnoxious ones have reputations ("oh, geez, not 062 again") or nicknames ("looks like I'm working with Shrieky today").
Logged

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2005, 05:39:28 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
"oh, geez, not 062 again"


COLD


COLD AS ICE
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

V-Adore

  • Guest
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005, 05:57:56 pm »

Quote from: "Choopernickel"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
"oh, geez, not 062 again"


COLD


COLD AS ICE

You, sir, did not know 062. I suspect that 062 was the worst rat in the world (in the sense of "most malicious," not "least competent"). For one thing, he weighed something close to 700 grams, which doesn't sound like much but is the rat equivalent of Marlon Brando after a hot-dog-eating contest. Plus he was angry.

(No, seriously, this is a great job.)
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2005, 06:47:01 pm »

Man. That makes me feel sorry for the rats, until I realize that my doctors were pretty much doing the same thing with medicating me. It took almost two years of "whoops, that one made you black out while you were driving. Let's try...THIS one." Hella depression hell of sucks.

Anyway, I am pissy because my day isn't going so well. I've been working 14-hour days all this week to get something finished that I should have accomplished a long time ago, and it's due on Friday. I am back on the Hacker's Diet, and I'm still all angry because I'm hungry. Now I know why I gained so much weight on these psychiatric meds - I am hungry to the point where my stomach aches. It feels like it might be acid reflux. I don't know anymore. I can't wait until lunchtime, when I can walk back to my apartment and hang out with my cats. I am going to have an "omelet" (Lyle's microwaved egg whites) with vegetarian chili. Deeelicious!
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2005, 08:21:52 pm »

Quote from: "V-Adore"
You, sir, did not know 062. I suspect that 062 was the worst rat in the world (in the sense of "most malicious," not "least competent").

Double Super Mega Bonus Points for the clarification and for making me wonder what the least competent rat in the world would be like.

Also, Linnea, I'm wondering if Elavil is involved since it causes hella weight gain.
Logged

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2005, 09:21:59 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "V-Adore"
You, sir, did not know 062. I suspect that 062 was the worst rat in the world (in the sense of "most malicious," not "least competent").

Double Super Mega Bonus Points for the clarification and for making me wonder what the least competent rat in the world would be like.


I used to have the least competent guinea pig in the world. This was a guinea pig that came from Circumstances the details of which are not clear but which led to him having the name "Chola", which apparently means something vaguely like "homegirl". Chola liked to beat his vegetables to death by taking them between his teeth and slamming them repeatedly into the walls of his cage. Chola had a poor sense of balance, so he would fall over when he reared up onto his hind legs as guinea pigs occasionlly do, and would sometimes fall over when running overenthusiastically on all fours. This latter may not sound like much except that the guinea pig has a naturally remarkably stable configuration; I have never seen a guinea pig other than Chola fall onto its side quite like that. Chola ran into walls. Chola did not squeak, but instead squorked. We took the best care we could of Chola and he lived for many years, but they were years of an incompetent guinea pig.

That's all kind of off-subject but I don't really feel like discussing at length the ways in which my life sucks at the moment.
Logged

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
what a day/week/month/year
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2005, 08:11:45 am »

Was...was today better?
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up