Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: An exploratory one with a little difference...  (Read 22193 times)

0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
An exploratory one with a little difference...
« Reply #60 on: September 08, 2003, 09:04:21 pm »

Quote from: "jough"

Nico - These Days.mp3


Rad...   have you seen 'The Royal Tenenbaums'?  It's one of my fave movies and that song features prominently in it, is why I'm asking.  

Me, today:
Dinosaur Jr. -- Poledo
Magnetic Fields -- I Don't Want to Get Over You
Smiths -- There is A Light that Never Goes Out
Sonic Youth -- Skip Tracer (possibly my favourite song ever)
Badly Drawn Boy -- Walking Out of Stride
Ben Harper -- Not Fire, Not Ice
Damien Jurado -- Letters & Drawings
Daniel Johnston -- Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Your Grievances
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
An exploratory one with a little difference...
« Reply #61 on: September 08, 2003, 09:04:33 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Where did you get that BNL track?

Also, I've never heard M. Doughty's solo stuff. What's it like?


The internet.  E-mail me and I'll send you a copy.

Doughty's solo stuff isn't so great, but he did this set at KCRW where he did half his solo stuff and half Soul Coughing stuff, and his Janine was really killer.  Plus, I used to play that song for a girl whose name was Janine.  She thought I wrote it.  I never bothered to correct her.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
An exploratory one with a little difference...
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2003, 09:07:31 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Quote from: "jough"

Nico - These Days.mp3


Rad...   have you seen 'The Royal Tenenbaums'?  It's one of my fave movies and that song features prominently in it, is why I'm asking.  


Actually, it was a rip from the Tenenbaums soundtrack.  But I do have both Nico albums on vinyl.  Somewhere.

Quote from: "andalucia"

Magnetic Fields -- I Don't Want to Get Over You


This was playing here WHILE I read this post.

Quote from: "andalucia"

Sonic Youth -- Skip Tracer (possibly my favourite song ever)
Badly Drawn Boy -- Walking Out of Stride
Ben Harper -- Not Fire, Not Ice
Damien Jurado -- Letters & Drawings
Daniel Johnston -- Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Your Grievances


I don't know any of these, but I'm now curious to hear your favourite song ever.

That would be a good thread: top five ESSENTIAL songs that everyone should know.

Yeah, maybe I'll start that one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up