Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

RT@achewood Surprising fact: wearing clothes burns 12 more calories per day than nudity.

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67   Go Down

Author Topic: Baby updates - ongoing  (Read 205553 times)

0 Members and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #540 on: July 31, 2006, 08:24:43 am »

At five in the morning?  Any of you parents of new babies want to weigh in on this one?  Or are you too sleep-deprived to be reading the messageboard?

Onstad's kid is what, approaching 2? It's tough to let the kid have the ABILITY to wander the house unattended at that age - it could just as easily be " the baby got up at 5 am to wander to the utility closet and eat drain cleaner" or something. But if she's potty trained, you have to let her get to the bathroom....

Good age to get the toddler bed; also a good age to get a good gate for the doorway to her room.

When my oldest was 2, she would wake up at the crack of dawn (like 4:30 am in the mid summer in Chicago), stand at the gate and announce "Mommy Daddy get up! Lights are on outside!". Our doors were right next to each other in that house. Later, when she was potty trained and we had to remove the gate so she could get to the bathroom, she came into our room to announce daybreak. Almost every day.

Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #541 on: July 31, 2006, 10:43:04 am »

My sister was the family rooster for awhile too. No fun at all.

It's a good thing we're genetically driven to think they're the cutest things around, or we'd have been an evolutionary dead end millennia ago.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Dexter

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 119
  • Some mothers should not be turned out.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #542 on: July 31, 2006, 11:55:15 am »

It's a good thing we're genetically driven to think they're the cutest things around, or we'd have been an evolutionary dead end millennia ago.

I must be some kind of mu-tant or something then, because I don't think babies are cute at all.
Logged
Y'all don't know what it's like, bein' male, middle-class and white.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #543 on: July 31, 2006, 12:44:58 pm »

I must be some kind of mu-tant or something then, because I don't think babies are cute at all.

You're not the only one.  To me they all look like encephalitic James Cagneys.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #544 on: July 31, 2006, 01:58:30 pm »

Portable Zero Mostels...

No, not really, I really like the drooling, incontinent little ones.
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #545 on: July 31, 2006, 02:01:30 pm »

I hear when they're actually yours, they're cuter. I hope so anyway. I like kids and all, I just usually prefer to admire them from a distance, or at least play with them until they're cranky, then give them back to their owners.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #546 on: July 31, 2006, 02:05:42 pm »

I hear when they're actually yours, they're cuter.

Well sure.  I mean most people don't want to think that they went through nine months of hell only to find out that the result (and sometimes by extension, they themselves) is undeniably horrifying.  That's why I am there.. to tell them.


at least I was until they kicked me out of the newborn ward down at the hospital.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #547 on: August 01, 2006, 10:38:59 am »

Current toddler status, 7/31: Are you the kind of dad that gets embarrassed when his toddler sees him naked, or just clothed? Because I’m both.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

dejavroom

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 165
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1362
  • confused and angry
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #548 on: August 02, 2006, 02:50:53 pm »

On the subject of babies and the delicate cuteness/creepyness balance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx8e5Io63LY
Logged
The absurdity is veiled by the poetic charm with which the poet invests it.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #549 on: August 03, 2006, 10:14:04 am »

Current toddler status, 8/2: She had her first personal restaurant dish today, instead of sharing off of our plates. It was penne with butter. It was three dollars. Fifteen dollar ravioli had nothing on it.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #550 on: August 03, 2006, 04:20:55 pm »

I had a dream that I was Teodor, and I was cooking a pasta dish for my friends.

and then they killed me by throwing a forklift at me. when the forklift missed, they pulled on a special chain attached to the lift part, and the forklift flew back to them, decapitating me.

that dream was funny, but made me want some pasta.

also, the rest of the dream involved discovering that my favorite TV show was somehow involved in kiddy porn, regular porn, and the fact that I was being attacked by a forklift.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

nuero

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 105
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #551 on: August 04, 2006, 09:21:59 am »

Current toddler status, 8/3: She walked straight to bed from the couch where we have bedtime stories, and climbed in! Next thing you know she will drive a car to college and marry a man named Clue Bucket. I do not miss the future.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #552 on: August 09, 2006, 11:20:20 am »

Current toddler status, 8/8. Teething, revisited: just when it couldn't get any worse, it got horrible again. (Molars edition)
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #553 on: August 10, 2006, 10:13:07 am »

Current toddler status, 8/9: When bathtime is over, she starts humming the first few notes of Road Movie To Berlin, and looks at us unsurely
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Baby updates - ongoing
« Reply #554 on: August 11, 2006, 10:30:35 am »

Current toddler status, 8/9: When bathtime is over, she starts humming the first few notes of Road Movie To Berlin.

Even the Baby is subject to revision, it seems.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67   Go Up