Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that Wombat has figured out how to edit the News Box!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series  (Read 6326 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2005, 02:25:25 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Just before the game began tonight Wynonna Judd, Michael McDonald and a couple of others I don't know sang a song that was so totally treacly and sickening.  What the hell was that.  It was so bad it made Lee Greenwood seem low key by comparison.  Again, what the hell was that?


That was the sound of Fox hating baseball, which they do with great regularity.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2005, 11:15:42 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Just before the game began tonight Wynonna Judd, Michael McDonald and a couple of others I don't know sang a song that was so totally treacly and sickening.  What the hell was that.  It was so bad it made Lee Greenwood seem low key by comparison.  Again, what the hell was that?


That was the sound of Fox hating baseball, which they do with great regularity.


That Scooter the Baseball thing made me want to kill puppies.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 02:24:08 pm »

Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Just before the game began tonight Wynonna Judd, Michael McDonald and a couple of others I don't know sang a song that was so totally treacly and sickening.  What the hell was that.  It was so bad it made Lee Greenwood seem low key by comparison.  Again, what the hell was that?


That was the sound of Fox hating baseball, which they do with great regularity.


That Scooter the Baseball thing made me want to kill puppies.


I understand they had Scooter explain what a fastball is during one of the World Series games.  Luckily I missed that one or I would have kicked in the TV.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2005, 10:19:22 pm »

Fox Sports needs more wooshy noises.  In fact, they should animate portions of the score bug/box/strip/thingy just to enable the insertion of more wooshy noises.

Wooshy noises make me want to watch the game harder and love all the sponsors.  Wooshy noises reaffirm my hope in the ability of mankind to overcome our problems through technology.  Wooshy noises make me feel like I'm watching the game in the future.  Wooshy noises are two pounds of awesome in a one pound sack.

We also need more cameras in more places.  Catchercam and basecam aren't enough -- we need CupCam in every shortstop's #####.  Why not revive that glowy effect they used for NHL games?  The ball can glow redder the faster it's going!  Why not record the bullpen phone to play back later?  Why not interview outfielders between pitches?

Why not, in fact, broadcast a game with five blades and a battery?
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2005, 11:34:11 pm »

You laugh, but we are not THAT far removed from the XFL.
Logged

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2005, 06:42:09 am »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "Emmoh"
Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Just before the game began tonight Wynonna Judd, Michael McDonald and a couple of others I don't know sang a song that was so totally treacly and sickening.  What the hell was that.  It was so bad it made Lee Greenwood seem low key by comparison.  Again, what the hell was that?


That was the sound of Fox hating baseball, which they do with great regularity.


That Scooter the Baseball thing made me want to kill puppies.


I understand they had Scooter explain what a fastball is during one of the World Series games.  Luckily I missed that one or I would have kicked in the TV.


Yep, I'm pretty sure it was game four...something along the lines off...

(in my best possible "Gee golly fellas!" voice) A FASTBALL is thrown by a pitcher revving up and throwing the ball as haaard as he can! If he throws it fast enough, by the time the hitter swings, the ball is already by him! Zoooooooooooooooooom!

If once, just once, "Clubby the Bat" had shown up and clobbered the hell out of Scooter, you might not hear so much lamenting about how poor this year's ratings were.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2005, 07:42:33 am »

Fortunately I missed Scooter explaining what a fastball was, but I heard enough.  Having the local team in the game meant the local radio team was calling the game.  We are blessed here in Houston to have one of the best in Hall of Famer Milo Hamilton.  So I turned off the sound and listened to Milo.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2005, 08:27:40 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
 So I turned off the sound and listened to Milo.

~Paul


Now that takes talent.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Stadium Names (A rationalization) ++ World Series
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2005, 01:58:52 am »

Quote from: "AlohaDawg"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
 So I turned off the sound and listened to Milo.

~Paul


Now that takes talent.

I turned off the sound on the television and turned up the sound on the radio and listened to Milo Hamilton call the game rather than the dipsits on Fox.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up