Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that nobody but Wombat notices what is in the News Box?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: is this kosher?  (Read 15525 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

heptadecahydrate

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -12
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 02:37:20 am »

I'm alternately layering on sarcasm seriousness parody and insanity.

Maybe I'm bored. 

The challenge is to figure out if people are offended by the serious aspects of my rambling which are generally between the lines, or if they are actually taking the wackiness seriously and are offended by that. 

My previous account got banned, so I logged in with this new account, and I was feeling all full of hutzpah what with my new identity. 

Have you ever worn the mask one-two one-two,
M to the A to the S to the K
Put the mask upon the face just to make the next day,
Feds be hawkin me
Jokers be stalking me,
I walk the streets and camouflage my identity,
My posse in the Brooklyn wear the mask.
My crew in the Jersey wear the mask.
Stick up kids doing boogie woogie wear the mask.
Yeah everybody wear da mask but how long will it last.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 03:30:04 am »

Maybe I'm bored.

You are definitely boring.
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

heptadecahydrate

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -12
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 03:41:34 am »

I think I disagree
Logged

KeithHernandez

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1014
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3209
  • I am, again, Keith Hernandez
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 06:13:07 am »

I don't know, that seems pretty reasonable- if you are bored you are boring.
Logged
You say one day soon we will all stand as brothers, 'til then I guess we'll just stand around.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 06:57:53 am »

Todd?

To bring this full circle... Cann'd.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

heptadecahydrate

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -12
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 8
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 09:38:24 am »

youre not making things any better.

that's what I mean... it's comments like this that really make me wonder.  Not all of you, but some of you, probably most of you, have this collective sense of what's normal, what's good, and it's really amazing how little provocation it takes for you to show it.  As in the above comment, it doesn't even occur to you that maybe some people just don't care as passionately and deeply as the same things that you do, and therefore, not every comment made by every person on this message board is an attempt at ingratiation.  I dunno maybe you all can see someone in a wheel chair and automatically or through conscious effort not stare and just think of the person as a person, maybe you can even do that with a dirty and tattooed hitch hiker with an army surplus backpack and several weeks of beard growth.  But oh mercy, when it comes to your clique, and what ideas are expressed, and how these ideas are expressed, many of you have what I would deem to be insufficient tolerance, but even worse, much worse, many of you lack imagination.

I don't mean that in a mean way, it's just what I think, not only about people here, but people in society in general.  I mean come on, are you going to read about the dysfunctional office dynamics in Dilbert, and pretend that yeah, that's all the other guy's fault.  No.  It isn't.  That's you in Dilbert.  The whiny co-worker, and so on -- you and I both. 

what a fuck*ng retarded system anyway, to create a currency of social standing.  and these fuck*ng avatars blinking at you every time you type a message.   >:( :-* :'( :-\ :-[ ::) 8) :( ;D :D ;) :) :D :o ??? :-* :'(
jesus christ
grow the fuck up people
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 12:58:08 pm »

Chill out dude. It's just a message board.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 01:04:59 pm »

Serious business
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 02:04:04 pm »

I have been too busy trying to keep bodies and souls together in the snowpocalypse to post before this but I just wanted to say, under the new administration, excessive cans are always given in numbers that don't really affect your ability to obsessively track how regular members are canning you. If you have 35 cans one day and 1035 cans the next, all you have to do is pay attention to the last couple of digits, right?



Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 02:39:37 pm »

Did you know that you all operate using social norms? Didya know that, didya?
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 02:47:53 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2010, 03:01:17 pm »

that's what I mean... it's comments like this that really make me wonder.  Not all of you, but some of you, probably most of you, have this collective sense of what's normal, what's good, and it's really amazing how little provocation it takes for you to show it.  As in the above comment, it doesn't even occur to you that maybe some people just don't care as passionately and deeply as the same things that you do, and therefore, not every comment made by every person on this message board is an attempt at ingratiation.  I dunno maybe you all can see someone in a wheel chair and automatically or through conscious effort not stare and just think of the person as a person, maybe you can even do that with a dirty and tattooed hitch hiker with an army surplus backpack and several weeks of beard growth.  But oh mercy, when it comes to your clique, and what ideas are expressed, and how these ideas are expressed, many of you have what I would deem to be insufficient tolerance, but even worse, much worse, many of you lack imagination.

I don't mean that in a mean way, it's just what I think, not only about people here, but people in society in general.  I mean come on, are you going to read about the dysfunctional office dynamics in Dilbert, and pretend that yeah, that's all the other guy's fault.  No.  It isn't.  That's you in Dilbert.  The whiny co-worker, and so on -- you and I both. 

what a fuck*ng retarded system anyway, to create a currency of social standing.  and these fuck*ng avatars blinking at you every time you type a message.   >:( :-* :'( :-\ :-[ ::) 8) :( ;D :D ;) :) :D :o ??? :-* :'(
jesus christ
grow the fuck up people

Gosh what trenchant observations!

Here's one you obviously haven't picked up on yet:

If you attempt to join a community and all you have to offer are insults and criticism then you probably won't be very well received.

So you have an opinion.  So fuck*ng what.  This is our house.  Be pleasant, be clever or go the fuck away.

Banned.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #56 on: February 10, 2010, 10:10:23 pm »

Opinions, as they say, are like assholes:

Only presentable if waxed, bleached and thoroughly cleaned.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

banana

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
  • This user has been bannned
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2010, 07:27:45 am »

assholes

boring

Banned.

!?!?!  This isn't your forum?  I thought you were all about Arts & Entertainment?  Don't get me wrong I'm not disputing the fact of banning me, and I get that I don't have a constitutional right to post shit or anything for that matter on a private forum, so I don't expect the same due process application of substantive law as if I was, say, accused of beating off a goat or something criminally illegal like that, but I mean, Christ, even the frickn' French entertain the concept of droit formel... and they're, well... you know... French.  So that's just my sentiment on that.

Logged

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2010, 07:56:01 am »

Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

banana

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
  • This user has been bannned
    • View Profile
Re: is this kosher?
« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2010, 10:04:57 am »

I'll.... buy you a $200 kitten if it'll make you happy?
Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up