Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Sssshhh...I'm discovering Sleater-Kinney. This is a special time in a boy's life.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 2005 Weblog Awards?  (Read 6553 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 05:41:07 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Dr. Pepper is originally from Texas.  I just thought you should know that.

Just another reason to hate Texas. Frickin' Dr Pepper sucks so much. Bein' all pretentious with its no period. Tasting all like licking a monkey's ass. See you in hell, Pepper!

This is very enlightening coming from someone who drinks beer for the taste.  You're a bitter man Court Jester, but don't blame Texas and the delicious soft drinks it produces because your life hasn't turned out the way you envisioned.*

~Paul

*I kid because I love
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 06:17:09 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
What the hell.  I voted for Achewood, and it is no longer in last place.


Ooooh!  Proof positive of your special internet powers.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 06:57:14 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I've seen the writing on the wall- my ass is TOAST if I stay. I'll hopefully be in Canada by next fall.


I'd really, really like to move to Canada, too. But isn't it, like, damn near impossible to immigrate? Seriously, how do you intend to do this thing? I want to know.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 08:17:41 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "pmcd9"
Dr. Pepper is originally from Texas.  I just thought you should know that.

Just another reason to hate Texas. Frickin' Dr Pepper sucks so much. Bein' all pretentious with its no period. Tasting all like licking a monkey's ass. See you in hell, Pepper!

This is very enlightening coming from someone who drinks beer for the taste.  You're a bitter man Court Jester, but don't blame Texas and the delicious soft drinks it produces because your life hasn't turned out the way you envisioned.*

Hey now, I hate beer too. This basically made my dad weep considering I grew up about a mile from a brewery and that he makes his own beer sometimes on weekends.

Other things I'm not fond of: apple pie, baseball*, coffee, tea, cilantro

but Mom's OK. I'm not a monster
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 10:03:46 pm »

Yeah, Canada.  Me too.  And not because I feel like I need to leave, it's just that I fuck*ng love Vancouver.  I would love to live there.  But I've heard it can be difficult.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2005, 10:07:33 pm »

dr pepper- good.
diet dr pepper is more like the original than the original- bad, somoene needs to pay.
cherry vanilla dr pepper- holy shit, that worked.

um, and peanuts in dr pepper is good.
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2005, 10:25:58 pm »

Quote from: "arkabee"
um, and peanuts in dr pepper is good.


So, do you soak them for a while then eat them, or do you drink them down with the soda, or what?  This sounds interesting.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2005, 11:43:04 pm »

Quote from: "miles"
Quote from: "arkabee"
um, and peanuts in dr pepper is good.


So, do you soak them for a while then eat them, or do you drink them down with the soda, or what?  This sounds interesting.

Wouldn't that just make it go flat? I remember this being a major issue with Skittles Shooters (Skittles in Moutain Dew) back in HS.
Logged

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 01:47:37 am »

Warning: Lister obsession triggered.  Rampant fanboy gush to follow:

The times I saw someone execute this manuver, they dumped the peanuts in the bottle and drank it normally.  Peanuts were chewed as they cropped up, much like the tapioca in bubble/boba tea.  I have not tried it myself, so I can't say whether it would go flat quicker or not.

I don't much care for cherry vanilla Dr Pepper (Vanilla is eh, and the cherry isn't very powerful), but I miss Red Fusion something awful.  It improved my soda by adding cherry (good) and taking away the caramel color aftertaste/stickiness (also good).  When they stopped making it I drove many miles to buy out the remaining stock of it -- ended up with about three months of extra cherry deliciousness before I had to give up.

Also, Dr Pepper made with real cane sugar is far superior to that made with corn syrup.  This is how it is made in Great Britain, which is probably why they call it that.  Here in the states there's only one bottler that makes it that way, in Dublin, TX.  It's almost worth the shipping cost.
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

hoborg

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 02:15:20 am »

^ Whoa, I never knew that. Too bad the shipping IS ridiculous for those, and the box costs 5 dollars extra for some reason.

I miss Red Fusion, too. I also miss Mr. Pibb, which is the only soda to succeed in being better than Dr. Pepper. They still make that but I'm not in their distributing area anymore.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 06:45:22 am »

I actually really like the Walmart rip-off of Dr Pepper, which I bought once because it's called fuck*ng Dr. Thunder but I don't get into a Walmart enough to have it be a regular drink.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 08:14:26 am »

Peanuts in the bottle, drink as normal, eat the peanuts as they crop up.  That goes way back as I learned it from my father.  I haven't done that myself in probably 30 years.  I have Dr. Pepper and I have peanuts.  I'll report back on that later...

Dr. Thunder is an acceptable substitute for the real thing, but I can tell the difference.

I've never had the real thing from Dublin, but I really should.  I'll be traveling sort of that way next week.  I feel a detour.

I thought Imperial Pure Cane Sugar went out of business.  Maybe they have another plant somewhere.  I know that they no longer make sugar in Sugarland.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2005, 02:18:55 pm »

Okay, now wait, I was always under the impression that it was RC Cola, not Dr Pepper, that you were supposed to dump peanuts into, and that furthermore they were to be boiled peanuts. That IS the way it's supposed to be, right?
Logged

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2005, 03:53:42 pm »

Quote from: "Golfhaus"
Okay, now wait, I was always under the impression that it was RC Cola, not Dr Pepper, that you were supposed to dump peanuts into, and that furthermore they were to be boiled peanuts. That IS the way it's supposed to be, right?


no.

no, it isn't.


(dude, seriously, you can put whatever you want in your soda.
it's _o_k_ to be you, man.

it's OK.)
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

V-Adore

  • Guest
2005 Weblog Awards?
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2005, 07:59:24 pm »

Friends of mine will occasionally drink root beer in which they've put sour Skittles. Apparently the Skittles effervesce delightfully and add a certain piquancy to the soda. I think these people are nuts.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up