Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Man Pat you don't gotta talk to me like they teach you in that class for people with too much anger.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05  (Read 5725 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/0
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2005, 08:33:46 pm »

Quote from: "Bozack"
I am a big fan of these. Onstad, if you're reading- a lot more Fuck You Fridays...


Also, if you could toss in a few Fuck You Wednesdays and Fuck You Mondays...that would be cool as well.

rumpy doppelganger

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 69
  • drang
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2005, 09:26:49 pm »

what's wrong with you people, philippe fridays are amazing

this is pretty nice too though
Logged
These kids are the next generation of superstars loaded with bags of crazy tricks. Watch while they ride tasty waves and catch big air just like the pros, it'll make your jaw drop! Kids Who Rip invit

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2005, 09:53:07 pm »

Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
what's wrong with you people, philippe fridays are amazing

this is pretty nice too though


Amen.



Did you know that the latin translation of diabetes mellitus means "the copious urination of honey."
Logged
ACHIEVE

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2005, 11:02:10 pm »

Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
what's wrong with you people, philippe fridays are amazing


You know what else is amazing? Ending questions with a question mark and not a comma. Sorry, this the closest I can actually get to honoring the original premise of FUF.

Panel 4 reminded me of something (Arkabee's post). Another cosmic linkage, maybe.
Logged
I am older now.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2005, 11:46:32 pm »

Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
what's wrong with you people, philippe fridays are amazing

You know what else is amazing? Ending questions with a question mark and not a comma. Sorry, this the closest I can actually get to honoring the original premise of FUF.

Panel 4 reminded me of something (Arkabee's post). Another cosmic linkage, maybe.

I'm glad you qualified that. Because at first I was like, "that was pretty mean and random."

FYI, you can link to a specific post via the little document icon () next to the date at the top of each post. Like this
Logged

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2005, 12:17:28 am »

Nice of Onstad to provide an explanation of what Ray was going for with his outfit seen in the Sick Flivver strip. Neil Young? Neil Diamond? Why not combine them?!?

But the question is, Why? Costume party, whatev.

Now Ray is in good company with Brimley and B.B. King. Fortunately we live in an age where only tiny blood samples are needed for accurate testing. Thus, we can be assured of seeing King singing for years to come. For instance, wouldn't Brimley, King and Ray singing I Like to Live the Love I Sing About just be a great experience?
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 12:37:01 am »

Quote from: "LCB"
Now Ray is in good company with Brimley and B.B. King. Fortunately we live in an age where only tiny blood samples are needed for accurate testing. Thus, we can be assured of seeing King singing for years to come. For instance, wouldn't Brimley, King and Ray singing I Like to Live the Love I Sing About just be a great experience?


I was just about to say this. All of this, really. Goddammit.

FUCK YOU, FRIDAY.

EDIT: WOW! 187 TERRIBLE POSTS
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

antioch

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 185
  • fuggedaboudit!
    • View Profile
    • Facehugger Records
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2005, 03:30:21 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
Quote from: "antioch"
Quote from: "rumpy doppelganger"
what's wrong with you people, philippe fridays are amazing

You know what else is amazing? Ending questions with a question mark and not a comma. Sorry, this the closest I can actually get to honoring the original premise of FUF.

Panel 4 reminded me of something (Arkabee's post). Another cosmic linkage, maybe.

I'm glad you qualified that. Because at first I was like, "that was pretty mean and random."

FYI, you can link to a specific post via the little document icon () next to the date at the top of each post. Like this


Thank you for the info.

Again, I'm not fit for this whole friday thing. Sorry Rumpy. No hard feelings? Well, before it gets too late I'd like to say to everyone here...GAHGGGGAKK...HAPPY HOLIDAYS HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND.

Did I do it? Huh? Huh?
Logged
I am older now.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2005, 04:27:47 am »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
I think we've got a lot of Neil Young fans here.  I don't care if you listen to him or not, but I will ask this question, don't you like good music?

I'd like to think that I listen to good music, but it's subjective.

Quote from: "*****_god"
Did you know that the latin translation of diabetes mellitus means "the copious urination of honey."

Yes, I did.  It makes sense because increased glucose concentrations in the blood are not accompanied by the normal negative feedback response of insulin secretion, causing more glucose to accumulate in the excretory filtrate (urine), which is necessarily accompanied by increased excretion of water to counteract the higher osmolarity.  

Bottom line: PEOPLE WITH DIABETES PEE MORE AND IT IS SUGARY-SWEET.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

R-Machine

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 16
  • Rrroooaaarrr!
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2005, 05:30:54 am »

I would also like the join the camp that enjoyed this strip. And is it me, or does Ray run like a Peanuts character?
Logged
What deviltry is this?

evan

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 154
    • View Profile
    • http://www.i-got-problems.com
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2005, 03:46:47 pm »

Quote from: "R-Machine"
I would also like the join the camp that enjoyed this strip. And is it me, or does Ray run like a Peanuts character?

put these shoes on and have legs like mine.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2005, 07:29:03 pm »

Quote from: "R-Machine"
I would also like the join the camp that enjoyed this strip. And is it me, or does Ray run like a Peanuts character?

... you know, he does. And looking at that panel again made me laugh at the ludicrousness of Ray's $200 Nikes, which are indescribably tiny.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2005, 12:17:13 am »

Is anyone else unsure as to whether lifestyle:diabetes/nail:hammer actually makes sense?
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2005, 02:04:12 am »

That means that diabetes hits his lifestyle like a hammer hits a nail, right?

So it would hammer home Ray's lifestyle?  Or solidify it, making it strong and dependable?

Or it would flatten it?

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense.  I think the inverse may make some sense, though:

Ray's lifestyle is to diabetes what a hammer is to a nail.

Even then it's not clever or funny, but at least it makes some semblance of sense.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Lifestyle is to diabetes what a nail is to a hammer 12/09/05
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2005, 02:37:41 am »

Been prepping for the SAT's, Jough?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up