Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this really Onstad?  (Read 24295 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2003, 08:31:52 am »

Oh man the 80's! *shudders*
I think the 80's in Britain was unutterably painful! I mean, all the things above, with the exception of the leg warmers, that never really caught on in hich schools here, only dancers.
While I have fondness for a few thngs from the 80's (Tron, Wargames, Ferris Bueller, John Hughes movies in general, some great music (grunge and east/west coast punk, and the first NIN album, as well as some of those 80's classics) it was generally too painful to remember! Aside from the fact I was a kid and wish I could go back to that sometimes.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2003, 09:48:32 am »

I'm pretty sure the 70s were worse.  But, luckily for most of you, you weren't born yet.  God, I am such an old fart.  But seriously, I always think, if I am not even nostalgic for the music from when I was in high school, how bad must it be?  Also, whenever I hear an Elton John song I want to apologize to everyone.  I am so, so sorry that when I was too young to have any taste, I bought his records and helped make him successful.  Please forgive me.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

andalucia

  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1680
    • View Profile
    • http://www.awesomeblurry.com
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2003, 05:59:50 pm »

Wombat, that was you?

GodDAMMIT!
Logged
goose means greedy

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #93 on: September 06, 2003, 06:33:19 pm »

[sheepishly]
Um, I really like a lot of Elton John songs.
[/sheepishly]

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #94 on: September 06, 2003, 10:49:10 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
[sheepishly]
Um, I really like a lot of Elton John songs.
[/sheepishly]


*disowns Jough*
'nough said!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #95 on: September 06, 2003, 11:16:15 pm »

Jough, I think you must now change your title from "El Guapo" to "Rocket Man".

That or "Tiny Dancer".
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2003, 04:36:09 am »

I found this lying around my hard drive and thought y'all would be interested in seeing it.  

Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2003, 05:09:17 am »

There's only one word to describe that picture.

Awwwwww....

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2003, 06:23:21 am »

JL, isn't that the same expression on your face in that roller coaster photo?

Some things never change...

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2003, 08:52:33 am »

Quote from: "slink"
Quote from: "jough"
[sheepishly]
Um, I really like a lot of Elton John songs.
[/sheepishly]


*disowns Jough*
'nough said!


Actually I have to confess I have ONE Elton John Album, but it'w the one he did in Melbourne with the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra and some of the arrangements for Orchestra are really, really cool.

Sorry.

I feel much better now.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2003, 03:51:49 pm »

Well, to get back on to the previous off topic issues

the only picture of me that is online and can therefore be seen by everyone is on this website

http://www.andreamenard.com/stage.htm

I'm not Andrea, but I'm the one in the pink hoodie face down in her lap kinda' in the middle of the page.  It was my first professional acting gig.  I played a mentally disabled foster child who'd been raped.  My nick name also comes from the fact that I work in theatre - mostly directing "alternative" theatre

As for my avatar - I mentioned the site on the old messageboard - it sells clothing for cats, and I thought the pic. looked like Beef (others said Ray) from this
http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05142002
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2003, 10:13:26 pm »

Clothing for cats! Did you happen to see "Anger Management"?

I used to think I could act, I did a bunch of community theatre and stuff. I'm always, always happy when I meet (or come in some kind of contact) with people who actually managed to make a living on theatre.

I'm slightly jealous but I figure I would be eating cheez whiz and waiting tables if I had actually tried to make a living doing what I really thought would be cool and fun. I figure I didn't want it bad enough.

Sad really
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #102 on: September 10, 2003, 02:40:24 pm »

Aloha - you should get back to it, even just as a hobby!

I have to take "regular" jobs -but I run amoung a group of "alternative artists" who don't really appeal to the mainstream, so most of us consider art an addiction which must be fed by horrible call centre or serving jobs.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up