Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I got mad about Robert Fripp's "music" again. I need to go to bed.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this really Onstad?  (Read 24335 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2003, 06:38:50 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Quote from: "slink"
So if you ever wondered what my new surname is, here it is... Jadranko! If anyone can spot where it comes from you win a prize!!!


Obviously it's from Jadranko Prlic, the foreign minister of Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Go Prlic!


Ooooh, I hadn't been aware of jadranko Prlic, but indeed, it is a Bosnian name.
Your prize - the satisfaction of knowing you're smarter and/or faster than everyone else!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2003, 06:43:29 pm »

Quote from: "andalucia"

I am pasty-white, but since I'm usually the photo-taker amongst my friends, I don't really have a picture of myself, but I'll join this parade by saying I'm a tall, skinny girl with short blonde hair with black stripes down the front, and at any given moment I am probably weaing jeans, a thrift-store shirt, a brightly-coloured cardigan, a fedora, and filthy converse high-tops.  
I picked my avatar because I'm vegan and tofu is all that keeps me alive.  Plus it is rad.


This description perfectly describes the exact kind of girl I always wanted to go out with in college except I never felt cool enough for some reason. Always with the books by authors I never heard of, always with the music by bands I never heard of. I think there was a second college under the one I attended where all the cool kids and cute skinny avant-garde girls went while I sat like an idiot in my classes.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2003, 06:44:28 pm »

I chose my avatar because it looked cool to me.  

Just joshin'.  

Well, that's part of it.  I love the pop culture of the 1940s and 50s, it's part of my concentration in the study of history.  (The full spiel is: <deep breath> Twentieth Century U.S. History with an emphasis on women, minorities, and popular culture.)  But 1945 - 1960 is my favorite period.  It's so...wholesome, on the surface, yet there's this sordid underside with the Cold War and McCarthy and the Atomic Bomb -- it's like the Second Gilded Age, to borrow a phrase.  

Also, I am a secretary, and this is one of the images that came up when I searched for "secretary" in MS word's clip art gallery (they have a lot of neat vintage-looking images).  I thought she was pretty hot so I decided to use it.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2003, 06:48:55 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
Tofu is rad, and tofu with only a Japanese label is radder.

Actually, that's not a wombat.  It's a three toed sloth that I work with (I work at a zoo).


Wombat's profile has a link to a website with lots of cool zoo pictures. I wish I was a zookeeper. Instead, I help manage a daycare center for state employees. Not their children, but them. We keep them occupied by giving them simple tasks for the public. It keeps them off the streets and offers them a sense of accomplishment, for which they are compensated.

It's like Goodwill Industries for college graduates.

It's a strange, strange place.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2003, 07:32:38 pm »

Quote from: "wombat"
I don't care what people look like, I'm more interested in the inner workings of their strange minds.  Isn't that why we're on a messageboard instead of out talking to real people, come to think of it.


Actually, I was just lurking 'til someone offered to cyber. It's been a month people, c'mon!

Also, for interested parties, I did get a pic of me to post at the end of the second page there where I had failed previously. It may try to embarass me again so if you wanna look, look soon.

That is all.
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2003, 07:41:45 pm »

I can see the Walken resemblance.

I guess I don't need to post this now?

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2003, 07:48:20 pm »

No Hostie, No Postie.
Thanks for the offer, though.
Logged

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2003, 10:06:57 pm »

Quote from: "pubdoggy"
jl? dont be shy.


You mean you don't know what I look like yet?  

Here's a pic of me and Pedro at the park with my nephew in May.  For a more recent photo of my nephew and his sister, go here.  (Oh, come on.  They're my brother's kids.  What kind of Aunt would I be?  



Whew -- images finally fixed!  Thanks Jough!
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
t
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2003, 02:52:53 am »

I also extrapolated the Pixies song from Andalucia’s name.

My nick has several meanings (including a sack of cannabis sativa), but the baseball player Satchel Paige was its origin.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2003, 04:06:00 am »

I got a picture, but nowhere to hostess it.  Suggestionnes?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2003, 04:10:35 am »

Sigh.

E-mail me, cuz.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2003, 04:31:15 am »

Done and done.

Sigh?  What, are you Charlie Brown, now?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2003, 04:32:59 am »

JL, you look much different in that picture than in the roller coaster picture.

Did you lose weight?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2003, 01:59:20 pm »

Quote from: "AugustWest"
Did you lose weight?


You're a doll.  

There's another pic here (which I posted in another thread, somewhere) that was taken at my desk at work less than a week ago.  It will probably give you the clearest idea of what I look like on a day to day basis.  The roller coaster picture, in all honesty, is just plain awful.  I was traveling steeply downhill at 180 MPH, for goodness' sake.  It was bound to be bad.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Is this really Onstad?
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2003, 04:46:07 pm »



I'm the Dad.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up