Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Surprising fact: toothpaste is a complete protein.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: When did it become Xmas on the logo?  (Read 7120 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arkabee

  • VIP
  • -=Ray=-
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 153
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1280
  • i still hate the new forum software.
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2005, 02:58:13 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Hang on a minute, if you were sold out of all the Advent calendars, doesn't that mean there are tons of those Christians around who already bought them up?  I don't get the complaint even on the complainer's own terms.


she's using logic BURN HER BURN THE WITCH BURNBURBURBBURN!!!!
Logged
"God forbid I'd ever be separated from my Duran Duran for a single minute!"
-August West
"Maybe Hanson or the Jonas Brothers might finally lose their shit one day."
-Nabubrush

Bozack

  • Most Melancholy of Batmen
  • Moderator
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1651
  • stop this car, i'm getting out
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2005, 03:10:43 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Hang on a minute, if you were sold out of all the Advent calendars, doesn't that mean there are tons of those Christians around who already bought them up?  I don't get the complaint even on the complainer's own terms.


There was nothing logical about what went on that day. And, as AlohaDawg said, it's just victimhood; I would posit that she would be a BETTER Christian had she gone to a Christian book store, because she could then find other things to edify her soul with, instead of coming to my store and being a shitty, complainy Christian.
You all are very lucky to be reading this- you can all watch as someone loses their soul by working December retail for the first time.
Logged
Hey, things are going okay now!

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2005, 03:26:02 am »

Quote from: "theinevitable"
mann.

if I hear one person rant about "political correct"-ness, I will begin believing in gun ownership. Seriously. People say they're "anti-pc", but what they mean is "I am going to say whatever rude things I want, and you can't be upset by them." I'm sick of it.

My favorite comment has been this. A girl called in to the radio station, and said the following: "what really gets me bent out of shape is this. I tell someone "happy holidays", and they get mad at me. I'm telling them that I hope they have a good holiday season, and they're offended. "

But

But what?
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2005, 05:21:45 am »

oh jeez.
but nothing.
but nothing.

I wish I remembered what I was going to say, but, no.

I overuse conjunctions. It is horrendous-- I am trying to break myself of this habit.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2005, 07:22:03 am »

Quote from: "wombat"
Ben Stein, jousting.


This describes a scene I would enjoy watching.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #35 on: December 14, 2005, 05:06:25 pm »

Quote from: "CortJstr"

The question: how many ghosts visited Scrooge in A Christmas Carol?


It's 4, y'aint?  Past Present Future, plus Jacob Marley who said "You're going to be visited by three ghosts, mon."
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2005, 05:18:09 pm »

Quote from: "carlosdelvaca"
Quote from: "CortJstr"
The question: how many ghosts visited Scrooge in A Christmas Carol?

It's 4, y'aint?  Past Present Future, plus Jacob Marley who said "You're going to be visited by three ghosts, mon."

Correct. But given a time limit most people will blurt out 3 before they think about it. Kind of like the trick where you make somebody say "silk" 5 times then ask them what cows drink.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #37 on: December 14, 2005, 05:29:56 pm »

But baby cows *do* drink milk.
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #38 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:45 pm »

Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
But baby cows *do* drink milk.

Uh I think the trick is after saying silk five times fast, when asked that question you are likely to say silk instead of milk.  Is this correct CJ?

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2005, 05:53:10 pm »

Quote from: "pmcd9"
Quote from: "JorgeFabregas"
But baby cows *do* drink milk.

Uh I think the trick is after saying silk five times fast, when asked that question you are likely to say silk instead of milk.  Is this correct CJ?

They're supposed to say milk. Then you say, "no, cows drink water." Although a calf does indeed enjoy itself some milk.

The other one is to have them spell pop three times then ask, "what do you do at a green light?" This one has always worked in my experience and doesn't have the inconvenient calf cop-out.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #40 on: December 14, 2005, 11:00:30 pm »

Like the say toast five times, now what do you put in a toaster? question.

I kept wanting to say 5 to the christmas carol question but then i remembered thats the muppet version.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2005, 04:33:15 pm »

Quote from: "Doc"
Like the say toast five times, now what do you put in a toaster? question.


I learned this one as "How do you spell 'boast?' How do you spell 'coast?'  What do you put in a toaster?"
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
When did it become Xmas on the logo?
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2005, 12:49:52 am »

I'm just going to assume my primary school fellows weren't cunning enough for such a ruse to be necessary.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up