Yesterday, I dreamed that I was a student in a huge impersonal high school (nothing like my small and easy to navigate highschool of yore), and that I had forgotten my backpack in a classroom. My backpack contained all the information I needed to study for a test I had the next day in a Math class I hadn't bothered to attend. A class that I had to pass if I wanted to graduate. The school was huge and all the classrooms looked the same, and were full of classes I was interrupting, so I couldn't find the room I'd left my bag in, nevermind the bag itself. A disapproving authoritarian principal, who looked vaguely like someone I'd seen in a movie, and was several feet taller than me was getting more and more pissed off at me as I tried to find the room. to avoid his disapproving stare, I ended up in back hallways and eventually got lost in basement -like places with pipes and steam. I never did find the room or my bag.
I thought high school-based anxiety dreams ended after you graduated highschool, but apparently graduating high school and university and excelling in my career field are not enough to keep this dream away. I have had several similar dreams, most notably this one and another like it both in the past week.