Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Wombat...  (Read 3725 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Wombat...
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 06:27:28 pm »

Thank you for the song, Smells.  I am touched.

It reminds me that Edward Gorey once said much the same thing in fewer words - a former student gave me a card of it once:

Quote
Her laugh made beetles swoon; her frown
Made geese and cows turn upside down.

Hey - I'm going to go downstairs now and laugh at the beetles and see if it works.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: Happy Birthday Wombat...
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2006, 06:51:10 pm »

All the capybaras from Brazil wish you a happy birthday. And so do I.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Wombat...
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2006, 07:38:46 pm »

All the capybaras from Brazil wish you a happy birthday. And so do I.

Oh! Oh! Thank you!

And don't youall forget to wish Edgar Allan Poe a happy birthday too.  Just because he's dead doesn't mean he won't appreciate it.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

sjlimmer

  • Illegal Ghost Bikes
  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 317
  • Insert witty remark here...
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Wombat...
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2006, 10:03:13 pm »

Oh! Oh! Thank you!

And don't youall forget to wish Edgar Allan Poe a happy birthday too.  Just because he's dead doesn't mean he won't appreciate it.

Hell, he might prefer it.

Happy b-day wombat, from deep in the bowels of academe.  No matter how bad your birthday is, at least you (probably) didn't have to lecture freshmen today.

Not that I did either, but it is the thought that counts.
Logged
"That's because you're a mean drunk, and nobody loves you."

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Wombat...
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2006, 11:12:13 pm »

Yeah, I did not have to lecture anydamnbody today.  The reptiles were all very well behaved and did not need a good talking-to, or anything. I am so busy being thankful that I no longer work at a certain zoo in a certain city in a certain mid-Atlantic state that will remain nameless, that I forget to be thankful for that too these days. Which is rather lovely, actually.

And so far my birthday has been pretty good.  We have decided to save the drunken carousing for tomorrow, since I have the weekend off.  But I went out to lunch with my boss - whose birthday is also today! - and we had a good gossip.  And some really cool looking chocolate just arrived in the mail.  And I have really excellent imaginary friends and lots of tiny cans. And none of my ships have come in, but there are some little rowboats on the horizon.  Altogether not bad.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Happy Birthday Wombat...
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 01:24:03 am »

There, that's your eleventy-first can. It's good to see someone careful to prevent the moral turpitude of the herpetological.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up