Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Okay, Okay, enough of all that. New strip Wednesday afternoon. "  See, we shoulda took bets.

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Huntington Utah  (Read 35153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2006, 12:47:49 am »

augustwest!

that song is so good! at the summer camp I used to go to, they would sing it constantly.

I loved it so much.

Why didn't I go to a summer camp where they sang John Prine songs?
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #151 on: May 02, 2006, 10:49:11 pm »

Since I pretty much consider this the Paul thread and since this made me think of Paul, here it is.

Paul, you got a ways to go, buddy.
Logged

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2006, 11:09:14 pm »

The phrase "German Beard and Moustache Championships" makes me oddly happy. #3 is my favorite.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2006, 11:18:13 pm »

The phrase "German Beard and Moustache Championships" makes me oddly happy. #3 is my favorite.

This should make you happier
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #154 on: May 02, 2006, 11:37:53 pm »

Why is there no mention of muttonchops?  I am terribly disappointed.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #155 on: May 02, 2006, 11:45:37 pm »

Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #156 on: May 02, 2006, 11:50:37 pm »

Why is there no mention of muttonchops?  I am terribly disappointed.

Those would fall into the Sideburns category I would think.

We totally need to make Linnea be our remote correspondent for when the Championships are in Anchorage, Alaska. And we should send Paul to compete and take photos.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #157 on: May 03, 2006, 12:13:31 am »

I guess my moustache most closely resembles the Dali.

I'd seem most of that before.  Here's a Blog.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #158 on: May 03, 2006, 12:59:50 am »

ok, a modest proposal:

sometime this week, we shall proclaim National Mustache'd Avatar Day
for this day, everyone will find a picture of their favorite mustache'd person, and set this as their avatar. The mustache will be celebrated.
of course, Paul will be our king. We might have to have some kind of limitation on how many people can use a picture of him--perhaps we can have a contest, and the winner gets to use Paul? I'm just throwing these ideas out. It's an exciting time.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Turbo Ninja

  • A Tall Glass of Tuaca
  • Mr. Bear (Cornelius)
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 125
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 689
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #159 on: May 03, 2006, 04:59:59 pm »

I have changed my avatar.  Now I am represented by a photograph of myself with a false moustache.  Also pictured: Diet Pepsi and a tray of fajita meat.  I appear to be ponderous and/or contemplative.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #160 on: May 03, 2006, 06:38:24 pm »

Perhaps we should all just fire up the ol' Photoshop and draw unconvincing and amusing moustaches on our avatars.  Mine would be even creepier!

Oh, and if your avatar already depicts an individual with facial hair, you have one of two options: remove the whiskers, or ridiculously exaggerate them.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #161 on: May 03, 2006, 06:51:06 pm »

<----- If Iggy was a psycho. (Heeeey, wait a minute...)
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #162 on: May 03, 2006, 07:05:42 pm »

Okay, I changed mine too.  Solidarity.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2006, 07:07:59 pm »

Perhaps we should all just fire up the ol' Photoshop and draw unconvincing and amusing moustaches on our avatars.  Mine would be even creepier!

Oh, and if your avatar already depicts an individual with facial hair, you have one of two options: remove the whiskers, or ridiculously exaggerate them.

I've been using this same avatar ever since AIM added the "buddy icons" feature in '98 and the thought of changing it now frightens me. But if you really want to see him with a moustache...
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: Huntington Utah
« Reply #164 on: May 03, 2006, 08:08:39 pm »

MAD PHOTOSHOP SKILLZ

(Actually, this took me all of five minutes.  The crappier, the better!)

Please note how hard I rock these muttonchops.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up