Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Is eaten food technically rotting inside you? It's pretty warm in there. Technically, we all not only live in, but *are* "the danger zone."

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: my official clumsy self-introduction  (Read 9587 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 05:31:43 am »

I didn't believe it when I read it in another thread, but I believe it now.  Side Show is campaigning.

Also, I am going to need a Chia Pet in Huntington UT.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 05:19:19 pm »

But Paul, I've always told long blathering stories, why is it now called campaigning?  I want you to win anyway

Anyway, the Chia story is true, and so sad, and now when ever I'm with my SO and he sees a Chia Pet, he says "Don't look!" because he knows that Chia Pets = sadness for me, and he's heard the story way too many times.  Companionship, people, companionship.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 06:48:28 pm »

On the Internet, you can always find someone else who haven't already heard your Chia Pet stories.  It's a beautiful thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 08:22:48 pm »

To tell my own Chia Pet story (it's boring and pointless, but it's on-topic!):

Some Christmasses ago, when I was in elementary school, my dad and I went out shopping to buy my mom her Christmas gifts. My mother is an extremely hard person to shop for: very practical, without a lot of desire for material things, and who normally wants the same things every year. Well, as usual, my dad decided that we weren't going to settle for filling out her usual "flavored coffee and two new pairs of sweat#####" list; we were going to get her a surprise. And what would that be? We decided (I think jointly, because this seems better in retrospect if a ten-year-old was involved in the decision-making process): a Chia Pet! We could put it in the living room! It'd be great! So we went to the store and picked one out; based on the box, we expected it to be a kitty.

Cut to Christmas morning, when my mother is a bit nonplussed to receive a Chia Pet. She opens the package and finds... not the chia kitty we expected, but a chia bull, which is just about the ugliest thing on God's creation. To say that she was confused, and we were disappointed, would be a great understatement.

(My mother actually grew the damn thing, God bless her... it didn't provide companionship, but that was probably for the best.)
Logged

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 08:33:46 pm »

She opens the package and finds... not the chia kitty we expected, but a chia bull,

it is the worst herbs, grown on the ugliest pottery.
Logged

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 08:38:10 pm »

Frightening Variety of Chia Pets 

I remember when there was just the sheep. Now there are about 20 different chia pets. This one is probably my favorite; Shrek meets Gabe Kaplan.

Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2006, 08:44:18 pm »

Frightening Variety of Chia Pets 

I remember when there was just the sheep. Now there are about 20 different chia pets. This one is probably my favorite; Shrek meets Gabe Kaplan.

"Shrek meets Gabe Kaplan" just makes me think of a sitcom about a big green ogre going back to his inner-city high school to teach the ogrish minds of the future.

(Man, someone should have made a Horshack Chia Pet. Now there's an idea whose time has come passed!)
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2006, 10:20:18 pm »

If Shrek had a bigger forehead we'd have a Richard Simmons Chia Pet. The horror...
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2006, 05:26:01 pm »

Now it just seems sort of silly, but seriously - companionship?  From a lump of wet terracotta and some sprouts?  That is seriously, seriously The Saddest Thing.

I just trumped the saddest thing.

I just had my birthday. I got no presents, no cake. Then my cat was acting sad, so I took him to the vet where I had to pay a man $500 to tell me that he had cancer and have him put to sleep. He was one year old, and had been my only friend since I moved to this awful town. For me, this is the saddest thing.
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2006, 05:30:28 pm »

I just trumped the saddest thing.

I just had my birthday. I got no presents, no cake. Then my cat was acting sad, so I took him to the vet where I had to pay a man $500 to tell me that he had cancer and have him put to sleep. He was one year old, and had been my only friend since I moved to this awful town. For me, this is the saddest thing.

That is terrible.  My dog was put to sleep on my birthday.  It was sad, but he was so old, and blind and deaf, and had cancer, that it was the right thing to do.

But really, I'm so very sorry.  Worst. Birthday. Ever.  Ever.  Luckily, at TOUAMB, we're all about caring.  So, you've come to the right place.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2006, 07:03:03 pm »

I'm so very sorry.  That is terrible.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2006, 07:09:00 pm »

What a bummer, so sorry.  Very sad.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2006, 07:18:37 pm »

Oh oh.. that is the saddest thing ever!  I miss my cat dearly, but at least I had years with him and he was always there on my birthday.

I am very sorry about this Jeepers.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2006, 07:25:14 pm »

I'm so sorry, Jeepers. That really is the saddest thing.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: my official clumsy self-introduction
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2006, 02:54:17 am »

Oh... oh, my god Jeepers... I, I don't know what to say.... That's...so...sad.  I feel like I should take up a collection to buy you a Chia pet now.  For... for... companionship.  Oh, pathos!  Fuck.  If one of my cats died I'd need to take serious time off work to just sit and cry for a while, so my deep, deep sympathy to you.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up