Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

"Artists need to make money to eat and to continue to make art. Artists used to rely on middlemen to collect their money on their behalf, thereby rendering themselves innocent of cash-handling in the public eye. Artists will now be coming straight to you (yes YOU, you who want their music, their films, their books) for their paychecks. Please welcome them. Please help them. Please do not make them feel badly about asking you directly for money.” -Amanda Palmer

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight  (Read 7126 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Shii

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 10
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2006, 02:49:25 pm »

Ms. Smuckles has little vibration lines around her now, the same as all the people that have been talking to her for the last three strips.
Logged

Emergent_C

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 153
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2006, 03:40:05 pm »

The tiny picture of the super-macho cats with their steroidific torsos, adorable little ears, and extremely phallic tail(s) is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen.

Similarly, the idea of 3,000 tomcats in a big ol' field, just tearing into each other, is one of the most awesome things I've ever seen in my head.
Logged
now I know that being in trouble is a fake idea

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2006, 03:41:31 pm »

Or maybe he'll get in he fight, and will face an opponent who turns out to be his father, and things will get real Freudian.


Someone else needs to figure out how make an elaborate and amusing joke about Darth Smuckles here.  I can't, I'm too tired to think and there's too much to do at work.  My life is interfering with my being clever on the Internet, dammit.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Petie

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 3
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2006, 04:37:27 pm »

I'm hoping that Ray enters the fight, and he ends up facing off against the only cat low and mean enough to best his father.

That cat?  Mrs. Smuckles.  All camo face paint, all "Soldier of Fortune" tattoed across her back.


Aside:  I liked how Ray was able to sneak "bad-ass" into conversation without his mother reprimanding him.  Maybe it was because, truthfully, his father was a bad-ass.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2006, 05:26:33 pm »

Man, the tiny-macho-tomcat art is by far the best part of this strip. It looks disturbingly like some of the stuff from the COCKRUB WARRIORS FROM MARS page, truth be told.

I am extremely hopeful that this arc will bring out Ray's secret killer instinct. All reaving through men, all yelling hell of battle cries, all soaking his International Male caftan (gift from C.P.) with the blood of his foes, all hearing the lamentations of their women... rad.
Logged

Roger

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 22
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 311
  • Who watches the smiling fries?
    • View Profile
    • http://www.last.fm/user/rogermarmo/
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2006, 05:57:24 pm »

"I never wanted you to look for that ability in yourself"...
(cue John Williams soundtrack)

We kind of had previous hints that Ray might have more physical skills than you'd expect from a dude of gravity.
Logged
Gabba Gabba Hegel!

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 04:01:02 am »

Someone else needs to figure out how make an elaborate and amusing joke about Darth Smuckles here.  I can't, I'm too tired to think and there's too much to do at work.  My life is interfering with my being clever on the Internet, dammit.

I know how it ends.  Now someone needs to fill out the middle and beginning stuff.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 05:55:08 am »

We kind of had previous hints that Ray might have more physical skills than you'd expect from a dude of gravity.

Ray cannot fight. I can't think of a strip where Ray was a coward, but he's accustomed lifestyle that does not include putting your dukes up. He's too lucky in other areas to be a talented gladiator. What I can see is some funky suit of armor or something... or Ray just managing to avoid harm long enough to see the end. But if Ray can take out those lumberjack cats with claw and fist, I will eat so many words that I will explode.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 02:10:45 pm »

Ray cannot fight.

But Ray wants to fight.  You can't deny that he is a cat that gets the job done.

I hope he wins.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 02:21:50 pm »

Ray will get his ass handed to him. Then he'll find a promising fighter and pay for his training throughout the year who will go back next year and win the whole thing for Ray.

Ray will then be sued by "The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase for stealing his gimmick.
Logged

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 06:44:57 pm »

I didn't read this until late last night.  My next action was to visit greatoutdoorfight.com, and I was disappointed to see it hadn't been done up yet.

*sacrifices a cow*

Fucker.  Negative can.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2006, 07:08:23 pm »

I didn't read this until late last night.  My next action was to visit greatoutdoorfight.com, and I was disappointed to see it hadn't been done up yet.

Fucker.  Negative can.

Dude.. seriously... retribution is hell.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2006, 08:34:21 pm »

I didn't read this until late last night.  My next action was to visit greatoutdoorfight.com, and I was disappointed to see it hadn't been done up yet.

It has now.

www.greatoutdoorfight.com

You GO, Logan Ingalls!

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2006, 10:47:33 pm »

the aeneid is about the great outdoor fight? Or, at least, something which references Aeneas. I am too lazy to start translating (especially when I'm avoiding doing my actual latin homework. which is: translation of some lines from the aeneid).

Some of the sentences seem far too short to be vergil's work. hmm.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 25 January 2005 - The Great Outdoor Fight
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2006, 10:54:43 pm »

You know it's a classy site when 75% of the content is Lorem ipsum
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up