Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

When the creations of a genius collide with the mind of a layman, and produce an empty sound, there is little doubt as to which is at fault. - Salvador Dali

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 can club  (Read 31198 times)

0 Members and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #105 on: February 28, 2006, 05:52:45 pm »

I have a dream that one day, men (and women) will not be judged by the size of their cans, but the content of their character.

Also, self-validation is infinitely more powerful then that which you get from an arbitrary and capricious system whereby people can give and take cans for whatever reason they want.
 
Stand tall and shuffle off the shackles of the can belief system. Breathe free.
Logged

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #106 on: February 28, 2006, 06:52:57 pm »

Careful there, AD, you might get assassinated by a member of the C(l)an.
Logged

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #107 on: February 28, 2006, 07:27:38 pm »

Careful there, AD, you might get assassinated by a member of the C(l)an.

All desperately tryin' to burn a giant can of Dr Pepper on his lawn before we realize that aluminum and carbonated sugar water don't burn so well?
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #108 on: February 28, 2006, 07:37:07 pm »

an arbitrary and capricious system whereby people can give and take cans for whatever reason they want.
 

Like LIFE.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #109 on: February 28, 2006, 09:40:48 pm »

You know, I share a lot of AD's concerns about the whole tiny can thing.  I've gotten a little better with it, but I'm still ambivalent.

Here's what I like about it:  I can reward people who are funny or otherwise post well in a tangible (sort of) way.

Here's what I don't like:  It turns into a fuck*ng competition and people are inclined to measure their self-worth by their cans.  It's also distracting -- every post we spend talking about the stupid cans is one post we aren't talking about talking cats, alive stuffed animals, giraffe placentas or cooking poultry with ball bearings.  Can talk is essentially navel-gazing internal politics and that's just boring.

I don't take cans away and I'm as generous as I remember to be.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2006, 10:24:55 pm »

I have a dream that one day, men (and women) will not be judged by the size of their cans, but the content of their character.

I will never stop judging people by the size of their cans - I told you people my favorite word is callipygian.

I love me some cans.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

AlohaDawg

  • Moderator
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2006, 11:11:50 pm »

See, Nabu it was for you almost specifically that I edited myself from 'number' of cans to 'size' of cans.

I use cans as an internal reference for both the boobies and the backyard, so I share your sentiment in "I loves me some cans".

Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2006, 11:21:36 pm »

my favorite word is callipygian.

Seconded.  I learned that word here at TOUAMB, but I don't think it was from you Nan, if I recall it was Bobby that used the term, probably around the time that Ray was wanting to have a lady sit in a cake.

Ah yes, Here it is.

Anyway, after I took this picture I told the young lady "I really like your callipygian form" which I think went right over her head.  But she's a teacher so she looked it up and now she embraces the word as I have thanks to TOUAMB.  But seriously, that's a sweet caboose.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Bobby Isosceles

  • Guest
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2006, 11:53:33 pm »

Seconded.  I learned that word here at TOUAMB, but I don't think it was from you Nan, if I recall it was Bobby that used the term, probably around the time that Ray was wanting to have a lady sit in a cake.

Ah yes, Here it is.

Anyway, after I took this picture I told the young lady "I really like your callipygian form" which I think went right over her head.  But she's a teacher so she looked it up and now she embraces the word as I have thanks to TOUAMB.  But seriously, that's a sweet caboose.

~Paul

While the usage is apropos, I think the first incidence in relation to Ray was from O-Man himself.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2006, 11:59:29 pm »

Also, strangely here, which has a referrence to Onanism, WHICH Waterbury stated Ray had a tendancy to do in his sleep.

It is an odd coincidence.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #115 on: March 01, 2006, 12:04:36 am »

Well, I remember mentioning it in a favorite word thread here, not too long after I started dating (in a more-or-less serious way) my wife, and that was '02 - so it couldn't have been too long after the board kicked off.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Online Online
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #116 on: March 01, 2006, 12:32:27 am »

I believe the board's birthday is July 31, 2003
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #117 on: March 01, 2006, 02:32:36 am »

I will never stop judging people by the size of their cans - I told you people my favorite word is callipygian.

I love me some cans.

Oh Nabu, though I never even talked to you (much), it's good to have you back.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #118 on: March 01, 2006, 03:02:56 am »

Callipygean is a great word.

Quote from: augustwest
cooking with ball bearings

Man, now I am jonesing for some Tomorrow Chicken. Whatever happened to that, anyway?
Logged

acoxcae

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 314
  • Because I don't have one. Never have.
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: 100 can club
« Reply #119 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:12 am »

TOMORROW!

Also, maybe Bobby was out of commission for a while due to first-degree ball bearning burns?  Just guessing, really.
Logged
this new board has a shitload of buttons.

why are there no zippers?
-thanks ark
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up