Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You might, rabbit

You might.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pop up blocker  (Read 7772 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Pop up blocker
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2003, 01:56:54 am »

Quote from: "andalucia"
Geek high fives?


Are those the kind that miss?
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Pop up blocker
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2003, 02:09:37 am »

Those are the kind that are a little sticky.

But rock on, 'lucia.  Firebird is the shiznat.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Pop up blocker
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2003, 02:52:43 am »

So which high five is the one where you go past each other's hands and grab their ankle, then shake that?
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Pop up blocker
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2003, 09:21:18 am »

Quote from: "CortJstr"
So which high five is the one where you go past each other's hands and grab their ankle, then shake that?


Freemasons?

I'm still using plain Moz. I looked at Firebird but it seemed to lack a few things I wanted out of a broswer... Plus with my system I was't too worried about the speed aspects. I may get Firebird now, after good Geeky reviews to see if it's any better.
Though then I'll need to get Thunderbird as well.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Pop up blocker
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2003, 09:30:46 am »

Eww... well, I guess you'll need T-Bird if you use the crappy freebie e-mail client, yeah.

Anyway, Firebird has every feature that Mozilla has and then some, with the extensions.  You need to install the extensions for the features you want.

AND - if you don't like the layout of the UI, you can specify your own with XUL, an XML based User-Interface Language.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Pop up blocker
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2003, 04:38:12 pm »

Quote from: "jough"
Eww... well, I guess you'll need T-Bird if you use the crappy freebie e-mail client, yeah.

Anyway, Firebird has every feature that Mozilla has and then some, with the extensions.  You need to install the extensions for the features you want.


Well, even their freebie mail client has better mail filtering than most others. I used to use Eudora, but it was abysmal for that, and I detest Outlook.

Spiffy about Firebird though. Will get that later on and make the switch, but I'm kind of finished doing geek things today, since I had to replace my CPU fan with a better one, then put in my swanky new FX 5600 and then sort out sound card issues. All took longer than intended, as usual!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

satchel

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 108
    • View Profile
blockers
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2003, 01:07:02 am »

I prefer a built-in ad blocker too, incorporated with the browser. I’m using Avant now but I think it’s a shell for IE, not a stand-alone. I’m going to try some mentioned here.
Logged
[size=10]Remember when Buffy's mom grounded her, sighing that the world wasn't going to end if Buffy didn't go out with her friends that night? But the world really was going to end![/size]
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up