Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Listen, I've been duped by "English-speaking" pizza places before.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: How are you Gentlemen  (Read 4145 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: How are you Gentlemen
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2006, 05:01:46 am »

What do you have against sleeping?
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: How are you Gentlemen
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2006, 07:31:21 am »

What do you have against sleeping?
Well I do enjoy sleeping as such, I just don't like going to sleep. Um. What i mean is. At night when it's getting to the time when I really already should be sleeping in order to wake up somewhat refreshed the next morning, I always feel that I have hell of stuffs that I'd like to be doing and so don't want to go to sleep.

I do feel, in a way, that the basic human need for hours of sleep every day is a huge waste of time. I have made several complaints to the Evolutionary Board about this, but I have yet to see any improvement.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: How are you Gentlemen
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2006, 09:44:10 am »

I am one who also resents having to sleep.  It is quarter to five AM, and I am still up, still wanting to do things.  I will continue in this fashion until I am just unable to concentrate enough to get more done.  Then I'll sleep for a few hours and then get up again.

What I do love is going back to bed after working for a few hours in the early morning.  The bed gets all cool again, and after 3-4 hours of sitting at my desk writing, typing, editing, etc., it's quite nice to lay down and stretch out a bit.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: How are you Gentlemen
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2006, 11:16:56 pm »

That sounds very very nice. If only I had a job where I could stay at home and have a bit of a lie down and a stretch (pref with a good book or Classic Rock magazine) when I felt like it... if only...

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: How are you Gentlemen
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2006, 11:51:41 pm »

Yeah, well, being your own boss means that when you aren't working, you aren't getting paid either.  No sick days or vacation days.  No benefits.  No one can "cover" for you when you need to duck out early.  I tell people that I can slip out to the movies in the middle of the afternoon when I want to, but in the past three years I've done that exactly once.

Still, being able to work all night while it's quiet and then sleep for a few hours, get up, do a few more hours of work, and then sleep for a couple more hours has its benefits.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up