Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

HIDE YOUR SHAME
by wearing new t-shirts from Word Front Wares. Shroud yourself in pure unadulterated awesome.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob  (Read 26936 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2006, 12:33:53 pm »

I just... I don't even know that cat anymore.  Who the hell is that?  It looks like Ray, but..  man...
I don't care what you say or who you thought you knew.

Here was me thinking it was all going to go off on some crappy tangent about Teodore talking to everyone about Ray at the fight. I am so sorry Onstad. I am So Sorry.
I thought only the mustache was coming off.... It's been said before but: best arc ever.



Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

figurefour

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2006, 12:40:32 pm »

Did I register just to post about this incredible arc? Surely so! The stark terror of the other cat as he realises his fuck*ng face is being fuck*ng pulled off - perfect.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 12:41:23 pm »

Look, I don't want to be the dick that rains on the good party.  The strip is golden right?  It's like a golden calf on a pyre that you suddenly find out is filled with the best dark chocolate you've ever had; it's that good.

But, after this, can we ever go back to the old Ray?  I mean will we ever see this Ray again?

He just tore off someone's precious visage here people, there is not a turning back point from that... unless something cheesy happens like  IT WAS ALL A DREAM, but I sincerely doubt we're seeing that sort of deal.

The Ray we knew:  Jan 10th, 2002 - Feb 22nd, 2006
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 12:46:52 pm »

Dammit, Q, as you were writing that, I was writing the exact same thing in a new thread.

I share your concerns, basically.
Logged

sensate

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 111
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 12:51:39 pm »

No, he didn't!

Ditto to that short-of-breath comment above.

Wow. I was expecting this to wind up in a "a-bloo-bloo-bloo" kind of resolution. All the foregoing was staged, but you can't fake stone cold face-removal, even if it might be a bit easier for a cat than for other species. I guess blood will tell, after all. I've totally revised the odds on a potential Ray-Beef finale, too.

(It's a pity, too, because Guaranteed is my favorite kind of blowjob.)
Logged

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2006, 12:54:36 pm »

No way.  Ray will win the fight, and then the very next day he'll be breaking the internet and getting chased by Puerto Ricans again.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2006, 12:58:10 pm »

No way.  Ray will win the fight, and then the very next day he'll be breaking the internet and getting chased by Puerto Ricans again.

If that happens I will personally drink a ton of red food coloring and pee on 'Stad's driveway.  The resulting blood red urine will spell out

"Y
   O
     U
       R

          F
           A
             U
               L
                 T"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2006, 01:01:54 pm »

For serious. I will sign him up for SO MUCH SPAM. And a membership in the San Joaquin Valley Best-itute Of The Month Club.
Logged

Dr. Sodomy

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 24
  • It's a Ph.D.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/bepatient56
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2006, 01:15:50 pm »

Now if Ray were to eat the part of his face that he just tore off, he'd be a super-mega-jumbo hardass. I knew that I should have given Ray more credit than I did, seeing as he did once rip the rear axle off of a car.
Logged
"You holdin'?"
"Shit. Everything but coke, heroin, and your cock."

EgoSumNoah

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 66
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2006, 01:27:40 pm »

I give Ray one week tops before he's acting like that dude's face did not just melt like baby back ribs in the mouth.

These traumas have been forgotten before. Remember, cats die in this strip without changing their ways.

The biggest exception I can think of is how, since around the time Beef hooked up with Molly, he's been more confrontational and less suicidal.
Logged
I am Jack, the Pumpkin King

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2006, 01:32:33 pm »

I've actually been vaguely wondering if this is a lead up to if not the end of achewood then some profound change. But that just can't be can it? Not if Teodore is still checking his blogs at home.
I'm going to bet some change at the very end, at this point Ray has had it his way for waaay too long to actually win, he is doing so well we expect a win, so we're not going to get it. So either someone hands him his ass or he realises why his momma never wanted him to look for this ability in himself. Then he can go back to being regular Ray.
If he does win it has to be in a way his friends can shrug off, you can't just be another guy after winning the GOF, it just doesn't happen.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

sunnystar

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 0
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 106
    • View Profile
    • Pictures, Words, and Stuff
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2006, 01:42:55 pm »

I love the change from everyone's complete disappointment in yesterday's strip...to today, where everyone's faces are in shock because someone's face is MISSING! GO RAY! I would like to think I'd be chosen by his side...

But "Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob" is my new favorite phrase...use it today!
Logged
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
 -side_show-

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2006, 01:47:28 pm »

Today's Little Detail You Don't Pick Up On Right Away: Honky-Tonk has fangs.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2006, 01:52:02 pm »

Little detail probably everyone but me picked up on: Ray's enraged shaking fist in panel 6. Actually check his eyebrows too, I think that's the first time they've actually had an actual angle in them, usually they just have that gentle curve in them that varies depending on emotion. Maybe this is like Beserker Ray, which is why we've never seen him before and need never see him again.

he scares me
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

arlucasinc

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 132
    • View Profile
    • http://arlucasinc.livejournal.com
Re: 22 February 2006 - Honky-Tonk-Style Blowjob
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2006, 01:57:03 pm »

Like Nick Cage in that shitty movie whose name I can't remember.

Face Off? Ugh. Awful, terrible, horrible movie. Just ugh.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9   Go Up