Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

You..Are..Rad

Poll

Liquor of Choice

Vodka
- 8 (42.1%)
Gin
- 1 (5.3%)
Rum
- 0 (0%)
Whiskey/Scotch/Bourbon
- 4 (21.1%)
Wine
- 1 (5.3%)
Some weird mixed drink you can only get from a Yeti in Tibet
- 1 (5.3%)
Write-In
- 1 (5.3%)
Why the hell would I care?
- 0 (0%)
Anything Out of a Stripper's Shoe
- 3 (15.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: February 26, 2006, 11:29:00 pm


Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?  (Read 11688 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2006, 04:19:29 pm »

Dear Chatroom,

I am sorry for comparing Penguins to Zeppelins last night apparently.

Sincerely,

Q

P.S. also for getting rambly at hobot.


And tonight is mardi gras so I will be all stumbling back late smelling of boobs... I may talk about zeppelins again, I should "hove some dignity"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2006, 09:06:55 pm »

And tonight is mardi gras so I will be all stumbling back late smelling of boobs... I may talk about zeppelins again, I should "hove some dignity"

Oh shit, if today is Tuesday I'm 4 hours late for work!
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2006, 09:10:33 pm »

They're celebrating it here today for some reason.  I guess none of them know French.

Also I don't think I'm gonna go.  Not in the mood for drunken crowds that go WOOOOO not even for boobs.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2006, 11:12:59 pm »

I think the reason MisterQueue doesn't feel like a n00b is because he has read the entirety of our archives, so he is able to make board in-jokes like "hove some dignity" and seem like one of the old boys, even though in board time he is only such as a toddler.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2006, 11:21:01 pm »

Barbed c*ck!  Placenta! 


Actually the hove was used on me by V back in my heydays (which is all of what, 4 months ago.)

Needless to say I have read all the archives, but, having that publicly available suddenly fills me with a strange sense of shame and pride.  I'll call it prame... or chide.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2006, 03:10:13 am »

Barbed c*ck!  Placenta! 


Actually the hove was used on me by V back in my heydays (which is all of what, 4 months ago.)

Needless to say I have read all the archives, but, having that publicly available suddenly fills me with a strange sense of shame and pride.  I'll call it prame... or chide.

Pfft, I've at least read those threads.

And Q, prame/chide is the defining emotion of life; embrace it.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2006, 04:39:49 am »

I think the reason MisterQueue doesn't feel like a n00b is because he has read the entirety of our archives, so he is able to make board in-jokes like "hove some dignity" and seem like one of the old boys, even though in board time he is only such as a toddler.

Amusingly, when I used that one on Q, I recall the general reaction from the board being "what?" and "gosh, do they still uses flint-knapped memes in your cave?" Ergo, the data currently seems to indicate:

1) When I use "hove some dignity," I'm an incomprehensible dinosaur;
2) When Q uses it, he's a Johnny-come-lately; and
3) Maybe vodka would help us both.
Logged

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2006, 05:06:39 am »

Pfft, I've at least read those threads.

And Q, prame/chide is the defining emotion of life; embrace it.

I am embracing everything this evening.  It is the nature of the Q tonight.

I am like an Emporer Penguin.  OH SHIT, IT IS STARTING AGAIN!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2006, 05:07:20 am »

Amusingly, when I used that one on Q, I recall the general reaction from the board being "what?" and "gosh, do they still uses flint-knapped memes in your cave?" Ergo, the data currently seems to indicate:

1) When I use "hove some dignity," I'm an incomprehensible dinosaur;
2) When Q uses it, he's a Johnny-come-lately; and
3) Maybe vodka would help us both.

Awww.. poor V.  It is not I who has been stealing you cans.  Have some of mine.  They are filled with vodka.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2006, 05:28:03 am »

Awww.. poor V.  It is not I who has been stealing you cans.  Have some of mine.  They are filled with vodka.

Delightful!

I'm imagining Dr.-Pepper-flavored vodka right now. It sounds like a wonderful concept, but it's late and I'm tired. Hopefully this too shall pass.
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2006, 11:22:44 am »

Hang on, just to clarify, wild turkey and southern comfort are bourbon right? At least, they are the only bourbons I am aware of, maybe this why I hate it so?

The best rule for drinking I ever heard was 'Scotch when it's cold, Vodka when it's hot' done me well for many a year. And for both Vodka and scotch as long as you don't get the ultra cheap stuff you're generally pretty alright whatever you drink but at the same time can get a noticable improvement if you want to splurge a bit.

I've been around slightly longer than Q, but don't know where the 'hove some dignity' thing came from, though I do recall it being referenced before. I am a failure at life.

Also, isn't chide actually a word already? As in being told off/warned against something but in a friendly kind of way.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2006, 05:02:19 pm »

Delightful!

I'm imagining Dr.-Pepper-flavored vodka right now. It sounds like a wonderful concept, but it's late and I'm tired. Hopefully this too shall pass.

Who is stealing V's cans?  Whoever it is, you will die.

Anway, the first time I ever got drunk, I drank shots of vodka, followed by Dr Pepper (or Mr Pibb) chasers.  It's not bad.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2006, 05:24:01 pm »

<various things>

Southern Comfort, as AD points out is kind of a Liqueur.  Wild Turkey I guess is bourbon too, but only in the loosest sense.

In theory bourbon is supposed to be from Kentucky (plus a special recipe that only uses 1 process distilling IIRC, but hell it's been so long since I used education on this topic).

As to your other question: here is your answer.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2006, 07:38:58 pm »

Anway, the first time I ever got drunk, I drank shots of vodka, followed by Dr Pepper (or Mr Pibb) chasers.  It's not bad.

I can see it being okay, yeah. I mean, I don't think I've ever encountered a soda that wouldn't go well with vodka that wasn't just intrinsically vile, like Cel-Ray Tonic or aloe drink, so why not Dr Pepper?
Logged

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: What Shall I Kill my Liver With Tonight?
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2006, 08:05:52 pm »

How about some Champale?

No idea if the stuff exists anymore (my guess: it doesn't), but love the ad campaign. "It's something else"  :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up