Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Recent shows  (Read 22245 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2006, 06:48:15 pm »

I saw The Kids in the Hall at a tiny theatre in Hollywood two weeks ago.  They were trying out new material.  It was so great to see the five of them onstage, and even greater to see them crack each other up.  One of the sketches started out with Dave Foley and Scott Thompson arguing at the back of the theatre and proceeding to the stage.  On the way, Dave Foley bumped into me and apologized.  Scott told him "You don't apologize to a WALL!"   Then they argued furiously right in front of me while the audience laughed at my discomfort.

Good times.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2006, 07:14:30 pm »

I went to a show that makes the feeble attempts the rest of you have been posting look like watching a retarded man who is crying and promising a broken egg that it will still be a chicken someday.

Good times.

Fixed that for you.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 07:18:48 pm by Nabubrush drinks (a lot) »
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #32 on: March 09, 2006, 07:36:22 pm »

I would go and see these guys, but every time I see their name, I assume they meant Children of Sodom, and the first few times they played someone misread the line-up.

I really don't know how to respond to that. :)   However, this is where the name came from. The More You Know

Quote
No, you know the song Roseanna. It's the really famous one, about David Arquette's big sister.
Again, I don't know if you're kidding or not. You are a difficult man to get a read on sir. But Rosanna, yeah, I knew that song but never connected it with Toto, whereas Africa was the one I knew - and thought that the lyrics went "pretty boy she's waiting there for you". Which kind of bothered me.

Man, me in 2003 would give me in 2006 such a beating.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #33 on: March 09, 2006, 07:39:36 pm »

I really don't know how to respond to that. :)   However, this is where the name came from. The More You Know

Wow - that same thing happened in Anchorage when I was growing up. Four teenagers, camping out, some lunatic comes along and kills three of them. It actually happened in a park right in the city.

I know, I'll start a band called Children of Russian Jack. Well, maybe not.

Anyway, thanks for the knowledge.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Jeepers

  • Guest
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2006, 07:46:26 pm »

Not to derail the off-subjectedness...

The most recent show I caught was The Hackensaw Boys at the Tin Angel in Philly. I had seen them once before as an opening act for The Reverend Horton Heat (my all time favorite), they were awesome. It was even better seeing them in such a small venue, there were probably less than 20 people in the crowd, but they played like it was a packed arena.

If given the chance, try to check them out sometime.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2006, 07:49:49 pm »

I really don't know how to respond to that. :)   However, this is where the name came from. The More You Know

I think I would have named the band Hans Assman.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2006, 07:51:39 pm »

I went to a show that makes the feeble attempts the rest of you have been posting look like watching a retarded man who is crying and promising a broken egg that it will still be a chicken someday.

Good times.

Fixed that for you.


I got my picture made with John Darnielle, but that wasn't recently.  Weeps...

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Tangle

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 2
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 102
  • hurry boy, she's waiting there for you
    • View Profile
    • She was born on 2 June 2006.
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #37 on: March 09, 2006, 08:01:30 pm »

I think I would have named the band Hans Assman.

Fortunately I wasn't drinking anything when I read that.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #38 on: March 09, 2006, 08:04:55 pm »

I think I would have named the band Hans Assman.

Look no further if you would like a brilliant band name.


EDIT: Noisy webpage, thankfully my speakers are broken so only other people are inflicted. Enjoy!
« Last Edit: March 09, 2006, 09:31:02 pm by JudyIsADickSlap »
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2006, 08:54:30 pm »


Look no further if you would like a brilliant band name.


Oh, I know all about Dick Trickle (and dick trickle, but that's another, much more disturbing thread). Also, you might want to toss out a warning when linking to something so unpleasantly noisy.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2006, 10:39:23 pm »

Wow - that same thing happened in Anchorage when I was growing up. Four teenagers, camping out, some lunatic comes along and kills three of them. It actually happened in a park right in the city.

I know, I'll start a band called Children of Russian Jack. Well, maybe not.

If we're going to name bands after weird Alaskan crimes, I call dibs on a jam band called Where's Joe Vogler?.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2006, 10:49:40 pm »

Bob Hansen's big game trophies!

Also, from there: Although the Pope & Young people initially stated that Hansen's crimes did not invalidate his bowhunting records, they have since removed his name from their record books.

I'm not going to write it, but you best believe I'm thinking it.

There's also: The man who tried to murder a town!
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 05:36:12 am »

So I made it to see Band of hosss Saturday Night.  Not too Bad.  I was really hoping to meet Miles, but he diidn't show.  I waited for 30 minutes in  the 20 damn degree weather while they tried in vain to get their van door open so I could finally take this picture.  The openers Slender Means was pretty good too.  They were eager to get their picture made by the Kilby Court sign.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

miles

  • Stinkfist
  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 10030
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3476
    • View Profile
    • Last.fm
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2006, 05:59:09 am »

Way to rub it in, Paul.
Logged
Order is indeed the dream of man, but chaos, which is only another word for dumb, blind, witless chance, is still the law of nature. - Wallace Stegner

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Recent shows
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2006, 05:27:35 pm »

For AugustWest, I'd like to point out that John Anderson of Yes is playing in Portland on March 28th.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up