Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Would Star Trek have had the same gravitas if Spock had been named Vince?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Sociology 101  (Read 16388 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 08:31:56 pm »

My point, intelligently and clearly conveyed in a manner that is concise and not offensive.

Yeah, what he said.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 09:06:34 pm »

alohadawg-- yes.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2006, 09:17:09 pm »

Exactly, 'Dawg. It isn't a question of "right to be offended" -- it's a question of responsibility towards your own speech, understanding that your speech causes reactions in others, and willingness to deal with the consequences. Very well said.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 06:11:59 am »

My Offended friends Yolanda and Brinia and Teshia.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 06:49:37 am »

Once again the Dawg speaketh wisdom from on high: everyone should just be decent folk and act pragmatically.

And Paul, Teshia looks hell of nervous to be surrounded by you four dudes (At least one of which looks drunk in a starbucks. What is the story there? Or is he one of those guys like me who always blink at exactly the wrong moment)
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 08:41:14 am »

Oh, man, they are so negroes.  Dude, you totally called it.  They definitely look to be of negro descent.  I don't see why they're offended.  Are they Eskimos or just dark skinned Italian or something?

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 01:58:13 pm »

And Paul, Teshia looks hell of nervous to be surrounded by you four dudes (At least one of which looks drunk in a starbucks. What is the story there? Or is he one of those guys like me who always blink at exactly the wrong moment)

Nobody was drunk, but Gerardo is a goofy fucker so ain't no telling what's up with him.  I don't think Teshia was nervous, but possibly.  We had all just met only a couple of days before.  This is part of the group I was training with in San Antonio.  I met  A lot of nice people while I was there.  Robert (my right) is now in Freeport Texas on a LNG construction project, Gerardo (my left) is in (near) Washington DC on a power plant construction project, Teshia is in Pasadena (Houston) Texas on a refinery maintenance job, and Riley hadn't been placed when I left, but I think he was destined for a cement plant construction project near Los Angeles.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2006, 03:12:10 pm »

Paul, those women are fine. Especially Brinia.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006, 03:16:56 pm »

Paul, those women are fine. Especially Brinia.

Yeah, I agree.  Brinia is also 16 years old so cool your jets.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006, 04:03:38 pm »

That doesn't make her any less fine, and I think I was pretty restrained. You're lucky I didn't start talking about those guys.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2006, 05:13:01 pm »

psh, this is such a man thing.
inner dialog: "hah, i will show these guys how attractive multiple of my friends are!"
other guy: "wow, that girl is attractive. Damn."
outer dialog: "shit man! she's underage! How dare you think in such a way!"

Alll I have to say is this: it doesn't matter that she's underage to me, because I am 17.

So: wow, she is pretty.

...is it the mustache? is that how you get girls to like you?
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2006, 05:15:10 pm »

I should point out that even though I mentioned that I found her attractive, I have no immediate plans to stalk her. Or, indeed, anyone else in those pictures.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2006, 05:35:25 pm »

inner dialog: "hah, i will show these guys how attractive multiple of my friends are!"

Actually I was showing how non white they are.  I also sent the offending e-mail to Jesse (picture available this pm), but he didn't complain so...

...is it the mustache? is that how you get girls to like you?

Dude I just looked at your myspace page, your friends list is crawlin' with hotties and based on thier comments a number of them are dying to get on your dick.  So we should be asking you that question.

~Paul
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 05:39:38 pm by pmcd9 »
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2006, 05:38:42 pm »

I should point out that even though I mentioned that I found her attractive, I have no immediate plans to stalk her. Or, indeed, anyone else in those pictures.

This is just a general note to say that stalking is bad.  Don't do it kids, it will eat your soul.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Sociology 101
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2006, 05:41:43 pm »

This is just a general note to say that stalking is bad.  Don't do it kids, it will eat your soul.

Also if you are stalking a fine 16 year old and get caught a lot more than a fine awaits.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up