Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ... - 11 Apr 06  (Read 18449 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

doomglobe

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 35
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 410
    • View Profile
    • doom globe
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2006, 05:57:24 am »

They are hairlip bog-zombie hobos. Obviously.

Phillipe finally went too far, and now he is going to pay with his life. Since they are ugly and creepy, they are evil and probably eat baby otters.
Logged
[expletive deleted]

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2006, 07:16:44 am »

They are hairlip bog-zombie hobos. Obviously.

Canned. Even if "harelip" is misspelled.

Yeah, my initial reaction was pretty much WHAT the FUCK, and I seriously can't keep the strip open on the screen. I can't look at that tall one's face. Too creepy. Are those his eyes? Are they just sunken, skin covered depressions? Are those them on the top of his head? Or are those his nostrils? Why oh why did I wait until 3 AM to see the strip?

I zzz Téodor snif beddy bye indeed. Christ.

Ray and Beef interlude is just classic Ray and Beef. Still, it's such believable dialogue. Those two are straight-up friends.

EDIT: Oh wait. Those are grown-up outcast sea otters, aren't they? That's why they both have gross otter mouths. Maybe we're seeing some sort of disturbing foster care thing develop.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 07:20:42 am by MattFish »
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

LCB

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 113
  • ...when you get the blues in the night
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2006, 07:46:45 am »

The tall one's face. I'm imagining a face covered in leporous gray skin, maybe a small red blotch here and there. And there are no eyes.

No eyes.

There's something there, under the skin. Something that twitches and moves and provides sensory information of a sort.

Dammit Onstad.
Logged
Which way to the vomitorium, centurion?

Lister

  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 101
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 892
  • 2, 4, 6, 8, time to transubstantiate!
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2006, 08:00:47 am »

c  r  e  e  p  y
Logged
Lister.  Not that one, the other one.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2006, 08:10:30 am »

I was doing ok on this one until I noticed: is that a bone showing at the elbow of the standing one's shirt?

And yeah they do kind of have otter mouths but then everyone in achewood has kind of an upward mouth thing going, I'm willing to guess the standing one is an otter but not the sitting one I think.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2006, 08:16:07 am »

This seems to be the whole 'creepy guys help out young helpless dude in distress and turn out to be nice' situation. They're too creepy to be evil. But then again.. this is Achewood, so who the fuck knows?

I'm hoping for Phillipe's long, painful death at the hands of hooks or something.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2006, 08:56:52 am »

Man the look on Ray's face in the middle panel is classic.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

Emmoh

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 120
    • View Profile
    • Shameless
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2006, 09:01:59 am »

Eh...probably nothing...

But I find it interesting that what appeared to be the one-off in between the GOF arc and this one was Lie Bot telling Phillipe a terrifying (to Phillipe) story right before he went to bed.

Just saying is all...



misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2006, 10:46:39 am »

I take back what I said the other day.  Yes Mr. Onstad I will have your freakish lovechild on this fine day; I need to find a uterus first though.  Maybe out in the dumpster.


Anyway, Delicious strip.. just delicious.

Mr. the Stad seems to have a thing for characters who travel in pairs; not that I'm complaining mind you but: Ray and Beef, Emeril and Spongebath, Troubleman and No-No, &c.

Beef's sass in the main is grelicious as well.  All pulling up his bracelet indeed.  Ray's ego re-fulfilling coverup shows Beef got to him a little bit I think.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2006, 11:28:27 am »

I want my mommy.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Shazbut

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 11
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 11:40:44 am »

Yeah, awesome character designs. Again, it's the mouths. I mean what is the wheelchair dude's mouth supposed to be? And yet it works. It's horrible.

I too, would actually like Phillipe to die. I love the character but his ugly death would be an everlasting reminder that Achewood takes no prisoners.
Logged

Mantonio

  • Dr. Andretti
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 423
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 12:26:44 pm »

Canned. Even if "harelip" is misspelled.

Yeah, my initial reaction was pretty much WHAT the FUCK, and I seriously can't keep the strip open on the screen. I can't look at that tall one's face. Too creepy. Are those his eyes? Are they just sunken, skin covered depressions? Are those them on the top of his head? Or are those his nostrils? Why oh why did I wait until 3 AM to see the strip?

Oh God, those holes! I just realized they might be ear holes. Guys, the leprosy got his ears.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 12:44:21 pm »

Dread.

In other news, creatures that look like Philippe appear to live on the moon
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2006, 12:47:11 pm »

Creepy as those dudes are, I think this will turn out OK, as they just saved Philippe from freezing to death.  Cliche, as Judy says, but whatever.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: ... - 11 Apr 06
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2006, 12:55:02 pm »

I want my mommy.


There there, theinevitable.  Remember what I told you about Heaven?  That's where Philippe will go when he dies a dreadful death at the hands of his eyeless and legless friends.


EDIT: Oh wait. Those are grown-up outcast sea otters, aren't they? That's why they both have gross otter mouths. Maybe we're seeing some sort of disturbing foster care thing develop.


You win, because that is one of my favourite strips ever.  Thank you for that.




Ladies and Gentlemen, I'd like you to consider these two fine characters to which we have been introduced on this day: This is the price we pay for not having free universal healthcare.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up