Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood There are only five Wodehouse books on my special Wodehouse shelf?! As Jeeves himself might ask, "Where in the fuck are the rest of them."

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?  (Read 6557 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2006, 12:24:10 pm »

Do not be sorry, I was merely mocking me.  (Oooh.. alliteration arrives around awakeness!)

You are quite welcome.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2006, 02:43:03 pm »

I have this one. It's next to my bathroom door.
Logged

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2006, 11:00:24 pm »

I have this one. It's next to my bathroom door.

Hooray, man!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

lprkn

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 244
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1907
  • Hella yellin' about the sex
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2006, 11:46:11 pm »

That's pretty much what I thought. Pretty much the only strip that I have read and then said, "I must have this strip!"
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2006, 12:27:16 am »

I think I will start imagining that I have this one hanging.

If you ain't sold on Ray's arm positions then you are lying and dying.
Logged
ACHIEVE

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2006, 01:44:26 am »

I've never printed an Achewood strip to hang it by my workspace. Come to think of it, the only comic I've ever printed up was the first Fruit Fucker strip from Penny Arcade. But after reading this I've got the urge to print one or two Achewoods to tape to good ol' Ikea McPlywood. There's so goddamn many to choose from, though! This could take a while.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2006, 02:01:47 am »

I think I will start imagining that I have this one hanging.

If you ain't sold on Ray's arm positions then you are lying and dying.

Roast Beef, you could see a rainbow turnin' out badly.

Classic.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2006, 03:21:45 am »

I have this one. It's next to my bathroom door.

Is your toilet water appropriately blue? Have you ever thrown a party for it?

If so, pics plz.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2006, 03:30:42 am »

I've never printed an Achewood strip out to display in my space.  I guess I think that posting strips and such in your space is basically for others, not yourself, and it would be totally lost on the others I work with.  Why bother.

When I was in Houston I had this scripture printed out...

Quote from: Mathew Ch 5, V 44
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2006, 04:41:39 am »

I've never printed an Achewood strip out to display in my space.  I guess I think that posting strips and such in your space is basically for others, not yourself, and it would be totally lost on the others I work with.  Why bother.

When I was in Houston I had this scripture printed out...

~Paul

I love you man.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2006, 05:47:34 am »

I love you man.

The feeling is mutual dear sir.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2006, 12:40:48 pm »

I guess I think that posting strips and such in your space is basically for others, not yourself, and it would be totally lost on the others I work with. 

I never thought I was supposed to be amusing others with the things I posted at work when I had a work to post things at.  And certainly not the 25 comics on the walls at home (damn, it is a little cluttered in here)...  It's things that make me feel good to read over and over.

Same with your Scripture quote, isn't it?  A reminder to yourself more than anything you hoped others would do?  Because one thing I have learned in my current job is that there is no point in posting signs because only one percent of the public read them.  If you can't get them to stop looking for the animal with a sign that says 'exhibit empty' I don't have much hope for them following the instruction to love their enemies.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

oball

  • Lyle
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 128
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 507
  • In excess of seven ding dongs
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2006, 02:31:56 pm »

When I go back to uni on Wednesday I'm going to put this one up.
Logged
Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2006, 02:49:14 pm »

Huh.  I have never had the desire to print out a comic strip and put it up anywhere.  The urge has never arisen within my loins.  One of my co-workers has posted up a inoffensive comic strip about a cat being happy it's spring, and that just struck me as a little odd.

I have a strong, snobbish opposition to putting things up on the wall that are not framed.  I will not allow it.

I did get my SO a quality copy of a Maakies strip that he planned to frame and put up, but it mysteriously disappeared when we moved.  Which is too bad because it is a cool strip.  I'll have to get it again and do the framing myself if I want to see it up on our walls.

I did recently frame and hang my first ever piece of actual art.  It is a pen and ink drawing.  From a-far it appears to be a bird in flight, but close up, it is actually a bird skeleton, so long dead that there are only fragments of dried flesh and feather remaining.  It sounds a little macabre, but it's actually delicate and beautiful.  The artist (who based the work on a group of bird skeletons she found in an abandoned barn) had an entire show of these dead birds, as if they were an archaeological discovery.  Each of the birds was named and ascribed a role within it's ancient bird civilization.  My bird is Flinger.  I don't know what his role was in the ancient bird society.

Our house's main floor is open concept, and the piece is hung on the north wall, so I can gaze at it while working at our kitchen island, or when seated at our table or on the love seat.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: What Achewood Strip(s) are Hanging in your Space?
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2006, 04:15:03 pm »

Side_show:  Are you also one of those people with nothing decorating your refrigerator door?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up