Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood You are on the Night Train. Five Hours have passed. Axl Rose is in the gym car. It's not what you expected.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Birthday Hobot!!  (Read 10583 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2006, 05:07:09 am »

There's nothing better to have in your ear when the paramedics are using the jaws of life...

...than the When I'm 64 mp3.
Logged
ACHIEVE

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Philosopher King
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2006, 05:44:41 am »

There's nothing better to have in your ear when the paramedics are using the jaws of life to cut away the bent metal that has wrapped around your body after the accident.

I think it would be very informative to do some research to determine whether deaf people have a greater incidence of traffic accidents than hearing folks.  Personally, I think that driving is almost exclusively a visual task.  The only relevant auditory input I can think of is emergency vehicle sirens.  Those are pretty rare.

I guess listening to music is a distraction while you drive.  So is holding a conversation with a passenger.  Or conversing over a cell phone. Or eating, drinking, scratching, smoking or a thousand other things.  I guess I don't understand why listening to music over headphones is supposed to be more distracting that listening to music over speakers.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Happy Birthday Hobot!!
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2006, 06:32:01 am »

I guess I don't understand why listening to music over headphones is supposed to be more distracting that listening to music over speakers.

Probably conditioning.
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up