Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I had to look up how pi is derived. It has been sixteen years since the SAT, yet still, I feel very ashamed

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: South Street  (Read 17794 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

swinehund

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 140
  • you cannot defeat me, I wear the mask of vulcan
    • View Profile
    • blaagh
Re: South Street
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2006, 12:11:35 am »

theinevitable's got it, yeah. Even assuming one takes the Catholic Church's word on whether it's a mammal or a giraffe (and there's a lot we Jews don't take the Mother Church's word for) it doesn't matter, because either it's a treyf mammal (lacking hooves and cud) or it's a treyf giraffe (lacking fins, scales, and gills). If it also ate carrion and flew it would be the least kosher of all possible creatures.

p.s. abusing parentheses is not cool, but I do it anyway.

Now I'm trying to figure out if it's easier to start with a vulture and have it swim, or strap a glider on the capybara and make it some pellets from the rendering plant. The 'least kosher of all possible creatures' seems like something that should exist, somewhere.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: South Street
« Reply #76 on: May 02, 2006, 12:15:28 am »

Capybaras don't eat carrion, but they do eat their own poop (many rodents are coprophagous.)  Does that help at all?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

AlohaDawg

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 79
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4184
  • Crawlin' back to prosperity
    • View Profile
Re: South Street
« Reply #77 on: May 02, 2006, 12:17:20 am »

I was gonna ask about the hawk reference - how about Bald Eagles? they don't eat carrion (unless it's just the whole meat-eating bird thing that is the problem).

Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: South Street
« Reply #78 on: May 02, 2006, 12:26:15 am »

Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: South Street
« Reply #79 on: May 02, 2006, 01:04:14 am »

I was gonna ask about the hawk reference - how about Bald Eagles? they don't eat carrion (unless it's just the whole meat-eating bird thing that is the problem).

It's a combination, really - meat-eating birds are treyf, but so is anything that eats carrion. So carrion-eating birds are a double-decker.

Wombat, coprophagy is like gold in a value system that places high value on things that are not kosher. To reach platinum, it would have to eat carrion, poop it out, and then eat the poop.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: South Street
« Reply #80 on: May 02, 2006, 01:25:50 am »

and what if the bird's mom drank some milk, and you killed it before the milk was digested, and you boiled the bird in it's mother's milk?
and the baby bird had eaten some carrion, defecated, and then eaten this?
And we killed them both by yelling at them until they died?
Would that be like, treyf to the max?

OH man, this reminds me: someone I know who lived on a farm confirmed the possibility. Her dog barked at their chicken coop, and one chicken died of a heart attack.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: South Street
« Reply #81 on: May 02, 2006, 03:07:54 am »

I ain't eatin' no Poop Gyro.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up