Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Yay us!
Happy 9th Birthday to TOUAMB.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: World Cup 2006 (Football)  (Read 18229 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #60 on: June 30, 2006, 05:49:34 am »

Call me a history buff if you will but...

10,000 German men... yelling and waving flags?

Never a good thing.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #61 on: June 30, 2006, 10:38:38 am »

Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2006, 08:26:53 pm »

Bah! Out we go. Screw you, Portugal! If you'll allow me a quote to sum up my feelings:

"To love, to hurt! Is life! Is way of world! Cry! Become a man! Become ALIVE!" - Vlad
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2006, 08:58:08 pm »

But on the upside, Go France!  Man that was awesome.
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2006, 10:39:37 pm »

Hell of a game tonight! I went into it wanting Germany to go through, especially after Grosso's dive to win the Australia game, but by the end of it, I was siding with my relatives once more. Nice cocky ending to a well deserved win in the end I thought, and a curiously enforced clean game too.
For someone who hates football as much as I, I do get terribly involved in a World Cup, even with my transient allegiances.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2006, 10:49:43 pm »

Hell of a game tonight! I went into it wanting Germany to go through, especially after Grosso's dive to win the Australia game, but by the end of it, I was siding with my relatives once more. Nice cocky ending to a well deserved win in the end I thought, and a curiously enforced clean game too.
For someone who hates football as much as I, I do get terribly involved in a World Cup, even with my transient allegiances.

I too wanted Germany to go through. Most of the European teams, while very good, are also very adept at tricking referees and playing the officials to their advantage. Germany are still an excellent team but do not indulge in any of that diving bollocks.

Which is why I was shocked to see them lose to Italy. The score really doesn't reflect how the match went, I feel, and it could well have gone to penalties. But that's what makes World Cups interesting.

But if Italy are good enough to get through to the final, fair play to them all the way. God forbid France win it AGAIN.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2006, 09:17:37 pm »

Well, Portugal were a gem... That is, my word, they continued to play that way?
Didn't think France looked much except tired, so I suspect if it were to continue like that, and with Italy's defense (Cannavaro was awesome in the Germany game) I can see the Italians taking it. But, we'll see.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2006, 09:20:36 pm »

I'm currently split on who I want to win. France play an ugly, opportunistic game but they have a lot of talent and are pretty good sportsmen. The Italians are fun to watch and talented but we've seen the kind of tricks they get up to. Hopefully, they'll pick a referee who picks up on that sort of thing and keeps it to a minimum.

If I had to pick one, I'd back France because Zidane is a hell of a good player and it would be nice to see him lift the trophy in his last international game.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

Carlos del Vaca

  • The Mayor
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1316
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5007
  • Greetings from Banana Town
    • View Profile
    • bigfool.com
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2006, 09:21:48 pm »

Everyone I root for loses.  USA, Ghana, England, Germany, Portugal...
Italians and Frenchies should PAY me to not root for their team in the final.
Logged
My friends call me the Mayor.
My enemies don't call me anything.  'Cuz they're all dead.

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #69 on: July 06, 2006, 01:19:30 am »

I'm currently split on who I want to win. France play an ugly, opportunistic game but they have a lot of talent and are pretty good sportsmen. The Italians are fun to watch and talented but we've seen the kind of tricks they get up to. Hopefully, they'll pick a referee who picks up on that sort of thing and keeps it to a minimum.

If I had to pick one, I'd back France because Zidane is a hell of a good player and it would be nice to see him lift the trophy in his last international game.

Agreed. Although if Italy can play as clean as they were somewhat forced to against Germany it will be nice. Certainly at the moment if I were to pick a player of thr tournament it would be Zidane, with I think Canavaro as the contender at the moment. Odd pair to be battling it out I know, but... Yeah.
I guess though, Ronaldo despite being old and fat got his record, so Zidane should lift a trophy. Then again, my cousins would hate to hear me speaking like that.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2006, 09:38:42 pm »

Well, that's over for another four years. Well done Italy etc. It's been a pretty awesome tournament and Germany were great hosts.

What a way for Zidane to end a brilliant career, though. How bloody disappointing. (To anyone who didn't see, he straight up headbutted an Italian player.)

I can't be bothered to offer much commentary; I had lots stored up over the weekend, but it's all gone now. My World Cup fever has transferred itself into a small headache.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2006, 09:51:13 pm »

hm.
so, um, don't Italian men get all aggressive towards ladies in this kind of situation?

*frets*
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #72 on: July 09, 2006, 09:56:31 pm »

hm.
so, um, don't Italian men get all aggressive towards ladies in this kind of situation?

*frets*

Not aggressive... loving.
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #73 on: July 09, 2006, 10:32:35 pm »

What the HELL Zizou?  What could he have been thinking?  What in possible god's hell could he have been thinking?  So dissapointing.  What a bad way to end his career. 
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: World Cup 2006 (Football)
« Reply #74 on: July 09, 2006, 10:36:34 pm »

OK Judy considering the Italian guys would not leave this girl I was with when I was there alone and they are probably drunk and very excited right now is my blonde-haired blue-eyed girlfriend going to have a problem?

*intake of breath*

I just worry because seriously, those guys are so persistent. They followed us around for like 20 minutes trying to get the girl I was hanging out with to go with them to their apartment. In the end i had to pretend to be her boyfriend.

so yeah. Italy is awesome.

and I am 90% kidding about worrying about this.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up