Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood I shouldn't have to tell people not to hit me on the head nearly so often as I do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool  (Read 9153 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2006, 01:57:49 pm »

Yeah, I was told by someone that the expression that I use to pretend that I'm listening intently to someone looks like I am listening to their ideas with utter disdain.

So, basically, I am unable to hide my disdain.  (shocker)

BUT: This may come as a surprise to many here - I also smile and laugh a lot and basically enjoy things.

Oh yeah, this strip was okay.  I like the ones where the funny is in the gleaning, not expressly delivered through words.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2006, 02:38:28 pm »

Yeah, I was told by someone that the expression that I use to pretend that I'm listening intently to someone looks like I am listening to their ideas with utter disdain.

So, basically, I am unable to hide my disdain.  (shocker)

BUT: This may come as a surprise to many here - I also smile and laugh a lot and basically enjoy things.

Oh yeah, this strip was okay.  I like the ones where the funny is in the gleaning, not expressly delivered through words.



I imagine your facial expression of listening being akin to the face made when one smells meats that have gone bad, but from a distance.

It is not at all surprising that you enjoy life, but I can't help but assume that you enjoy life at other people's expense.  You know, you're all smiling and laughing a lot, but it is because there is a kid outside your window who's foot is caught in one of the bear traps you strategically placed on your lawn around your "Please do not walk on the grass" sign.  All rubbing your hands.  All going "Mwaha ha ha ha!"  And basically, I would be there with you too, but I would be giggling, not laughing.  And there is a difference.  There is a difference.

I am in total agreement.  It is all about the eyebrows.  (*Fun side note: in grade 8 I made a comedy zine - Mel's Mag - that mocked everyone in our class, except for a friend of mine - but only because I hadn't gotten around to it yet.  This friend of mine then went out of the way to thank me for not mocking her in the magazine.  The next issue, I made only one mention of her, congradulating her on her eye brow surgery.  To this day some people still think she had some sort of eyebrow surgery.)

I like imagine what Ray was exclaiming when he went too far.  It would be so rude.

Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Drygioni

  • formerly Judy
  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 194
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1796
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2006, 03:00:21 pm »

So... who's going to test this out for us? I think this needs to be properly sciencized. Does it work? If so, is there an optimum amount of weight or does it peak at a certain heaviness? Can seperation from the vestigial dong cause depression and/or withdrawal symptoms? DOES IT WORK FOR LADIES etc.

Man, those expressions!
Logged
I am sorry for my behaviour last night.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2006, 03:05:03 pm »

See, and I'm sure when I write this, that misterqueue knows that it does exist and has a link to it, but basically, what women need are cell phones that are dongs, naturally with a vibrate feature.  And we could learn kegel exercises to dial and such.  Indeed that would make all the women cellphone users of the world more chipper.  Also, I'd like a nice musical ring tone.  What song would my pu$$y sing if it were a ring tone?  This is a wonderful idea.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2006, 03:17:23 pm »

See, and I'm sure when I write this, that misterqueue knows that it does exist and has a link to it, but basically, what women need are cell phones that are dongs, naturally with a vibrate feature.  And we could learn kegel exercises to dial and such.  Indeed that would make all the women cellphone users of the world more chipper.  Also, I'd like a nice musical ring tone.  What song would my pu$$y sing if it were a ring tone?  This is a wonderful idea.

Hrm.. there's software you can install on your phone to do this.

Also, worth mentioning.  For the girl who's boyfriend plays TOO MANY GAMES!

Personally you can pick any song you want, but I suggest not picking "Ring of Fire" or "Stayin' Alive".  That would be a terrible application of oneself.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

revdj

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 102
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dougshaw.com
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2006, 03:24:02 pm »

This was, in my opinion, the most laugh out loud funny strip in a very long time.  (I love the others, too, but this one made me do a spit-take)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:27:09 pm by revdj »
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2006, 03:29:50 pm »

From the playstation game accesory site:
Quote
A very good choice to mum's birthday. Now she loves video games and plays it all of time.


I do not want to meet the boy who plays video games all day and buys this for his mom.  I am disturbed.

Oh, wait, I used to work at a comicbook store so I have met, like a dozen of them.  Ugh.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2006, 03:31:45 pm »


I do not want to meet the boy who plays video games all day and buys this for his mom.  I am disturbed.

Oh, wait, I used to work at a comicbook store so I have met, like a dozen of them.  Ugh.

Heh.. I don't even know what you'd write on that card.

"Happy Birthday Mom! Have fun having sex, kind of!"
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2006, 06:21:11 pm »

It appears that you did even if the first sentence could use a semi-colon.

Actually, no.  None of the segments of the sentence are independent clauses, so they should not be linked by a semicolon.

Heh.. I don't even know what you'd write on that card.

"Happy Birthday Mom! Have fun having sex, kind of!"

Eww, I do not approve of this use of my Birthday strip!  Disturbing.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

MattFish

  • Lie Bot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 43
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 371
  • A perch with a cramp / Half-pound ahi burger
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2006, 06:38:37 pm »

Yeah, so back on topic who's gonna be the first to build one of these things?
Logged
I finally found a nice picture of a giraffe

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2006, 06:46:12 pm »

Actually, no.  None of the segments of the sentence are independent clauses, so they should not be linked by a semicolon.

Eww, I do not approve of this use of my Birthday strip!  Disturbing.

Actually my semi-colon suggestion was merely aesthetic.  There are three reasons for this:

1. Most people find long sentences hard to follow.  Chopping up one of those words into a fragment and utilizing the sweet, sweet semi-colon as wordpaste would remediate this possible issue.

2. I love the semi-colon.  I love it late at night when it touches me just how I like to be touched.

3. I knew that not providing these explanations would drive you into a fit of English based pedantry, which appears to have worked.  This also provides me with absolutely no guilt re: the use of your Birthday strip in retrospect.

I love when things wrap up nicely like that.

In conclusion, Mattgiraffe: It's not going to be me.  I mean ick; really now.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2006, 06:49:24 pm »

Dudes bangin' a semi-colon, but he's too classy to wear tin foil drawers.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2006, 06:49:54 pm »

Dudes bangin' a semi-colon, but he's too classy to wear tin foil drawers.

~Paul

You gotta draw a line somewhere man...
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2006, 06:52:33 pm »

I will find out Hobot's address
and the name of her mother
and I will send her one of those
and say "Julia said you would like this"
and she will cry
and I will chuckle
and then feel bad and send her an "I'm sorry I got your mom a sex toy" card.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 23 May 2006 - Sciencize it cool
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2006, 06:53:33 pm »

Heh.. I don't even know what you'd write on that card.

"Happy Birthday Mom! Have fun having sex, kind of!"

I love that strip.  #73!
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up