Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Terrible dream where Bobby Flay came to my childhood home, danced on the table, recited verse, and we had nothing interesting for him to do.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006  (Read 9626 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 02:56:34 pm »

Oh Lyle... sweet precious "sleeping" like a filthy soiled angel Lyle.

Also, Mr. Bear is one classy guy all putting on a tux just to read.  I picture it's a book which he has read before and for which he has an entire ceremony to so do.  "First, I don my best attire and prepare a hand-rolled.  Then, I will set aside four fingers of grappa.  This is the proper amount to make me just whimsical enough to enjoy Great Expectations."

I don't know why I picture him reading Great Expectations, I just do.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 03:03:26 pm »

Oh Lyle... sweet precious "sleeping" like a filthy soiled angel Lyle.

Also, Mr. Bear is one classy guy all putting on a tux just to read.  I picture it's a book which he has read before and for which he has an entire ceremony to so do.  "First, I don my best attire and prepare a hand-rolled.  Then, I will set aside four fingers of grappa.  This is the proper amount to make me just whimsical enough to enjoy Great Expectations."

I don't know why I picture him reading Great Expectations, I just do.

He also crosses his legs, apparently.

I picture him as more of a Middlemarch sort of fellow.
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 03:07:24 pm »

He also crosses his legs, apparently.

I picture him as more of a Middlemarch sort of fellow.

Heh.. or Wuthering Heights.  :P  I should stop, this could go on all day.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

melack

  • Philippe
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 70
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 940
  • Cheer up, hamburger.
    • View Profile
    • Worst Songs, Played on Ugliest Guitars
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 03:37:33 pm »

I'd like to point out that we already knew of Téodor's computer setup, because Ray used it to stage the motorcycle jump of Mount Everest.

I've actually done that myself from time to time, it's really quite fun.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 03:45:59 pm »

First, I don my best attire and prepare a hand-rolled. 

Never put assunder what I believe to be the proper attyre for Great Expectations.

Also, I never entertained the thought that he hand rolls his own hand-rolleds.  I am pretty sure he "leaves" that up to experts.






omgz i cant believe there is gof 2 already this is going to be DA EXACT SAME THING despite the fact dat it is in olympic format n da snowcrash quote was edited cause da bear is 2 old
Logged
ACHIEVE

Hobot

  • DISK ONE OF SIX
  • Teodor
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 21
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 861
  • Appearing in a tortilla near you.
    • View Profile
    • Your music is inadequate.
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 03:46:50 pm »

I've actually done that myself from time to time, it's really quite fun.

Yay, another Mac user!
Logged
You had me at "I dig both ladies and fellows."

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 03:49:32 pm »

Never put assunder what I believe to be the proper attyre for Great Expectations.

Also, I never entertained the thought that he hand rolls his own hand-rolleds.  I am pretty sure he "leaves" that up to experts

Puns man, puns!  Jough is about!  Watch your back!
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

mrdna1

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 163
    • View Profile
    • five-six
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 03:56:49 pm »

Erk. I can't really see this storyline going well ... which probably means it'll be the best set of strips yet.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 04:16:44 pm »

it will be run by beef and ray.

also: 'stad is ripping off himself, at this point.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 05:52:34 pm »

Vlad owns a Subway, is a notary public, and runs a pawn shop. Damn, that guy gets around.

As a *****, he does not sleep and hence can swing multiple gigs.

All this being said, I would not be surprised if this is Onstad purposely making us think we're gonna hit a variation on the Great Outdoor Fight, just so that he can blindside us with something completely different. He does a lot of that and... most of the time, it works. Maybe... I love making up arbitrary numbers... we'll say... when he creates a story beginning that seems to telegraph where he's going...

17% of the time, he strikes out.
55.4% of the time, he goes somewhere completely unexpected.
27.6% of the time, he goes where you thought but in such an exaggerated way that it works.

The completely made-up odds call for "completely unexpected".
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 06:25:16 pm »

This intro makes me want to watch that movie The Game again.
Logged

FlipConstantine

  • Todd
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 20
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 322
  • In my hood homeboys state the obvious.
    • View Profile
    • Mac Fag Confidential
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 07:15:16 pm »

A) Mac Fags reprezent.  Also, melack has a surprisingly small amount of items in his dock.  What the hell dude?

B) Also, just judging from these images, I'm pretty sure that Lyle has already won the badass competition, being passed out drunk (presumably sometime during the productive hours of the day) in his own filth.  If that's not badasssssss what is?
Logged
Everyday I'm hustlin.

mrchee

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: -4
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 163
  • -NULLAM REM NATAM-
    • View Profile
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 12:03:09 am »

Its obvious that Vlad will win
Logged
If no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... The A-Team

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 12:47:10 am »

I never seen the kind of lock at the top of Pat's door. How does that thing work? And did Pat install all of those after his wang was electrocuted, or did Lyle and Philippe just bypass all of them?

The top lock there is a modified hinge. He puts the spikey-handle thingy through it and the door cannot be opened. There is no way to lock or unlock it from outside, so functionally it's like a beefier version of those sliding chain locks.

What I don't get is the bottom lock. It looks like either (a) the door has a lever the size of a baseball bat or (b) it has a keyhole of equal size requiring a giant Fortress Of Solitude-esque key to open.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: THE BADASS GAMES COMMENCE - June 8, 2006
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 01:02:59 am »

What I don't get is the bottom lock. It looks like either (a) the door has a lever the size of a baseball bat or (b) it has a keyhole of equal size requiring a giant Fortress Of Solitude-esque key to open.


The bottom lock brings back a vague memory.  I can't place it, but I know what the thing is.  It is a metal pole that sticks into a depression in the door, and a depression in the floor the a couple of feet away from the door.  (That is why it looks fatter at the bottom in the drawing- it is Perspective.)  The door opens inward, obviously, or this wouldn't accomplish a damn thing.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up