Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood The next time you appreciate how nice large titties look, be happy and smile to yourself. You deserve it.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Perfect length for a rock song?  (Read 3403 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

pmcd9

  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect length for a rock song?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 07:40:02 pm »

I'm curious to see how your ratings stack up to mine.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect length for a rock song?
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2006, 09:21:02 pm »


(impressive scientific study of song length)


Wow.  Education.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Limmo

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 40
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1166
    • View Profile
Re: Perfect length for a rock song?
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2006, 09:30:54 pm »

The contest for Best Song 11:07 In Length ended in tragedy for Elton John's "Funeral For a Friend / Love Lies Bleeding."  Rush's "Xanadu" is being sought for questioning.
Logged

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Perfect length for a rock song?
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2006, 03:57:56 am »

The only perfect rock song is Rush's 2112, which is about 18 mins or so, so I guess about 18 mins.

I think two and a half minutes for a song is incredably short.  Personally, I would call any song less than 3 minutes a cop-out.  For a radio-commericial rock song, I would say 3:36-3:47 is ideal.




When I'm writing my electronic stuff, I aim for 4:45-5:30.  If I don't like the song, but don't hate it, I usually quit at three minutes and call it "finished."
Logged
ACHIEVE
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up