Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

My Dog Has No Nose.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread  (Read 6389 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2006, 11:13:05 pm »


And do pet stores still really sell puppies? I don't think I've seen that since I was a kid.

Since pet supply stores stopped doing it, unfortunately there are now stores that sell nothing but puppies.

I will definitely report back the first time I see the two pugs curled up sleeping together or something similar. Although I am also hoping for something a little more calorie-burning like a game of chasing each other.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2006, 12:49:58 am »

I will definitely report back the first time I see the two pugs curled up sleeping together or something similar. Although I am also hoping for something a little more calorie-burning like a game of chasing each other.

My vote is for "jumping up and down on a trampoline". That would be adorable.
Logged

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2006, 01:13:56 am »

Although I am also hoping for something a little more calorie-burning like a game of chasing each other.

Oh man, our guys are all about that. We basically got the kitten just so Moggie would bite something other than our ankles. It's worked better than we could possibly have dreamed. She's slimmed down a fair bit, too.

I was so not aware of the puppy stores! Are they underground, or something? Maybe I just don't go to the mall often enough. I'm suprised that sort of thing hasn't been legislated out of existance.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2006, 01:28:04 am »

Maybe the puppy stores don't exist in all parts of the country, but the one we have here is a chain and it's definitely not underground.  They advertise quite prominently.  When I walk Number One Pug and talk to people who are interested in buying a pug, they will often mention those places and I will have to warn against them.

It's not the selling that needs to be legislated out of existence, in my opinion. I don't have a problem with people buying puppies.  The problem that needs to be legislated is that people are legally allowed to breed the puppies in inhumane conditions.

On a lighter note:  Pug trampolining.  Yes, this is clearly a sport whose time needs to come.


Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2006, 03:00:06 am »

My vote is for "jumping up and down on a trampoline". That would be adorable.

Thank you.  That made me laugh out loud or "LOL" as the kids these days might say. 

In my head they are both wearing little work-out outfits and have little sweat bands on their heads.

Indeed when it comes to pet fitness, it's all about the pets having buddies.  Since my cat made friends with my SO's two cats he began to slim down.  Now that we've lived in our two story house, all three of 'em are noticeably more fit and muscular.  It's a little crazy when all three get frisky at once though.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2006, 05:05:21 pm by side_show »
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2006, 04:42:18 am »

sometimes my cats chase each other around like hell really late at night.

I failed you all with that urban dictionary quote, before. I should have ended it with "Todd: Bitches gotta take they cunt pills"
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2006, 01:19:57 pm »

It's not the selling that needs to be legislated out of existence, in my opinion. I don't have a problem with people buying puppies.  The problem that needs to be legislated is that people are legally allowed to breed the puppies in inhumane conditions.

That's what I meant. Folks gotta get their purebreds somehow, I guess. Though I just went through a website for a local place and saw puppies that cost more than the blue book value of my car. It confused me - the people I come from only recently accepted the idea of keeping pets in the house instead of in the barn.

Quote from: wombat
On a lighter note:  Pug trampolining.  Yes, this is clearly a sport whose time needs to come.

Yes! My neighbor has a baby puglet who would love to participate, I'm sure.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2006, 01:23:25 pm »

Did you look at the website for the place I work for?  Some of the snakes are also worth more than your car.  And they don't even, like, sit and recognize their names.  Very weird.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2006, 02:21:32 pm »

Yes, but you can take the snakes... on a plane.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2006, 02:45:22 pm »

Well sure but you could take much cheaper snakes on a plane and get just as much fun out of it, you know?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2006, 02:50:31 pm »

Well sure but you could take much cheaper snakes on a plane and get just as much fun out of it, you know?

I know where you can get like..   like 50 garters if you want.  I mean.. I'm just saying.  They don't so much bite as they just kind of hide under rocks though.
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

Mite

  • Motel 6 Kind of Girl
  • King of the Make-Outs
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 6
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 584
    • View Profile
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2006, 03:47:52 pm »

Dang, 4k for a snake? I only looked at the cool frogs when I hit that site up the first time. You gotta tell us interesting stories about your clientelle sometimes.
Logged
I'm no longer a Bankhead teacher, but I'll still take your cookies.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2006, 05:20:24 pm »

Something tells me that a lot of their clients have ER trips in their future.

"A million to one shot, doc!  I just totally fell on it while my trousers were off..."

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2006, 07:23:12 pm »

Seeing a doctor about a trouser sn...

I'll get my coat.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: the semi-annual Wombat's New Job thread
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2006, 08:11:19 pm »

Yeah, I have to say, the image of pugs on a trampoline is way past precious and verging on twee, but in a good way.

The snake breeding-line page is sort of weirding me out, if only because of the one with the status "female laid slugs." This has to be slang for something, right? They haven't actually figured out a way for reptiles to produce gastropods, right?!
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up