Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Poll

Do you wash it every day?

Yep
Not every day

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Down

Author Topic: The washing hair debate  (Read 63119 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #210 on: February 08, 2007, 03:05:00 am »

I have decided to grow my hair out.  Usually this decision lasts about two months.  The last time I got a hair cut was early November, so I'm a month up on the norm, but I did get it cut super short last time.
 
I got so mad at it the other day.  I hate that inbetween stage when it's clearly not a style, and pieces of it stick out and others lay flat in the most unflattering way.  I swear my hair looked like Beethovan yesterday, and that was after I'd invested some serious time working on making it not look like a mullet.  It's either Beethovan or a mullet, or todays look - the hair clip/messy look.  I was thinking of going in for a shape-up type trim, but usually when I get to that point, I end up changing my mind and getting it all cut off again.  What I am saying is I have no hair growing will power.

I agree with omba, trims are important and so are PRODUCTS. They will change how you feel about your hair. Anway, i'm a little wasted because kellichou sent me a 1-litre bottle of Appleton V/X rum...goddamn, that stuff is delicious. It's like liquid candy.
Logged

Bjorn the Destroyer

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 67
  • By Odin's beard!
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #211 on: February 08, 2007, 05:20:08 am »

I'm party to the "shampoo every day, conditioner maybe twice a week, plus 'Color Silk' oil before brushing". It keeps my tresses vibrant.
Logged
3-6-9 12-15-18 21-24-27 30

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #212 on: February 08, 2007, 05:22:16 am »

I can't wash my hair every day, it dries out and my dandruff flames up, even using dandruff shampoo.

I don't like adding products to my hair, but i have to condition it lately because it's so long it collects static if static looks at it.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #213 on: March 05, 2007, 03:08:25 am »

I wash my hair every day at work, since I'm around other people and their delicate sensibilities. When I'm home, I basically wash up once every three days or so. However, I do was my face every day, because you just kinda have to do that or you will have problems. It's kind of a little corner of Europe at the Nabu household.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #214 on: March 15, 2007, 06:18:17 am »

Oh man this trimming/products thing seems so obvious now that it has been read, but I've always tried to grow my hair out, grown agitated, then cropped it short. This is a Bad Call because I am sure I look better with sort-of-bangs.

No longer.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #215 on: March 15, 2007, 01:37:43 pm »

I've still not trimmed my hair.  It's beyond Beethovan length and is now in the parts-lay-flat/parts-stick-up stage.  It's really ugly.  If I don't wash and style it daily it looks extremely stupid.  I've been thinking that I should let it grow until the top is long enough to be turned into a mop-top shag-style with a wedge cut in the back.  That sort of a cut will lend itself better to growing out further.  Right now it's sort of pre-mullet, once it gets intolerably close to mullitude, it'll be time for a clean up.  I'm in hyper-ultra money saving mode right now, so I'm waiting until the point where I can tolerate no more.  Feeling ugly most days is really not good though. Also I have a small forehead, so bangs are not my friend - with my short "boy" cut this wasn't an issue because it was too short to do anything but stick strait up from my head.  Now that it's longer, I keep the front chunk clipped off the face.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #216 on: March 15, 2007, 01:50:36 pm »

It's kind of hard to look at your avatar and imagine you look anything short of adorable at all times. But that might just be me.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #217 on: March 15, 2007, 02:25:14 pm »

It's kind of hard to look at your avatar and imagine you look anything short of adorable at all times. But that might just be me.

Seconded, though add a handful of vaguely startled.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Golfhaus

  • VIP
  • Onstad's Left Shoe
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 116
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1625
  • He does not approve. Not at all.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.prolefeed.com
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2007, 02:53:26 pm »

My hair right now is ridiculous. It's about a month past needs-to-be-cut. I'm tucking hair behind my ears to get it out of the way. It never looks like it's been combed because it's naturally curly, and as soon as it dries it starts to do its own thing. I have a place I go to in Virginia, but of course I've been in Charlotte the last three weeks - work has kept me from going back. I'm so looking forward to dropping a pound or so of hair - and at just the right time, now that it's warming up.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2007, 04:12:52 pm »

I'm past the point of it needing cutting as well, although I kind of told myself I was going to grow it out again (which I had done to shoulder length before cutting it post christmas). That said, I have given up being the last bastion of hope and pride in my family... I have grown a beard. I got bored of shaving somewhere in January, and have since decided it wasn't worth all the trouble to remain the only naked chinned male member of my family. Thing is, with beard I probably look better and that tiny bit more respectable with shorter hair, I just miss having hair I can hide behind, even in my less mysanthropic old age (which, strangely has me complaining about people more, just in a more grown up and despairing manner).
Also, I am tempted to grow my beard out dwarf-core style for a world music festival I am attending this summer, just so as to fit in.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #220 on: March 15, 2007, 04:27:21 pm »

So slink, do you shampoo your beard?  Face hair is facinating to me.  If I were a man, I'd grow a tiny, comical mustache with the ends long and tightly curled - a mini-Paul.  As a woman, anything that doesn't belong on my face gets yanked out.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #221 on: March 15, 2007, 04:32:19 pm »

I like having facial hair, and would prefer not to shave so much - but if you can think of a combination of Mel Gibson's and Saddam Hussein's beards, that's what mine looks like.  Furiously wild and with sharply contrasting gray and dark brown.  It also makes my head look even more enormous.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #222 on: March 15, 2007, 04:46:09 pm »

My facial hair, in its full luxuriant glory, looks roughly like Prince's.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #223 on: March 15, 2007, 04:51:08 pm »

My facial hair, in its full luxuriant glory, looks roughly like Prince's.

Like Prince's what? Ah, I jest...

Indeed, Smells, I plan to try some alternate beardage at some point, though am on mustache and goatee at the moment. I always planned, despite wanting to stay bare faced, to try a Zappa beard at some point, but have kind of skipped right past it. As for shampooing, indeed I do mostly, slather a little shea butter shampoo on it in the hopes of making it slightly less bristly, or at least minimally so, though I'm at least safe in the knowledge that I can eat without causing beard atrocities. That was another reason I always wanted to avoid them... Curse those beard atrocities!
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Teatime

  • Chucklebot
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 14
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 109
    • View Profile
Re: The washing hair debate
« Reply #224 on: March 15, 2007, 05:54:53 pm »

Sometimes I wish that a Clark Gable moustache still caused the ladies to fawn hopelessly over a man, as it the only sort of facial hair I can pull off. As is, I am exclusively stubbly or clean-shaven.

For people with curly hair, does this ever irritate you? I've always wished my hair curled somewhat.
Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 19   Go Up