Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

“Do what you love and the money will follow,” as they say, but I would add, “...but don’t do ONLY what you love until it generates adequate cash flow.” -=RAY=-

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes  (Read 7802 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2006, 04:30:00 am »

Oh yeah, and CortJstr'ing... and also, everyone just like pausing, and waiting for Mr.Q to be filthy.  Both things of beauty.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2006, 04:34:05 am »

Yes, I actually suggested that someone "CJ" something the other day, and they're looking at me like, "Huh?" so I just modified it to "Google it!" and they got the idea.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2006, 06:44:39 am »

a thing that should have become a meme--
Quote from: smells mels!
Never be too pessimistic - you think the worst, but it could really just be a sequined drag queen.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2006, 10:44:36 am »

and waiting for Mr.Q to be filthy.

You don't have to wait long!!   I haven't showered in months!


Oh.. you meant...   right.   AWAY!   *runs*
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2006, 01:27:43 am »

Paul's pictures (which he has to pathetically mention himself).

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2006, 12:47:16 pm »

..over a week after the last post in the thread.
But the man with the stache is right, it is a good meme. So is the face fungus too for that matter.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2006, 02:39:47 pm »

SPLIT!: anyone interested in facial hair related tom-fool'ry is directed here.

As for board memes, I am sorry Paul... I was thinking "memes" meant more like... things everybody on the board picks up on and starts doing too.  When it comes to your pictures, everyone knows there's no point in posting photo essays, since you are basically the king... and all others would just be blatant suckitude in comparison.  You're photos aren't a board meme to me, they are more like an outstanding thing that you do, that we are all in awe of.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2006, 09:21:37 pm »

Yeah, I actually didn't think my photos counted as a meme, but when someone nominated your stories (which are a similar sort of thing) I thought maybe I didn't understand exactly what the criteria for a meme was.

~Paul
Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 09:33:41 pm »

Yeah, I don't think anyone nominated Mel's stories...

Anyway, if everyone started posting photo essays I guess it could become a meme.  Otherwise... it's just a thing that Paul does that is awesome.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2006, 09:45:13 pm »

However, the question "Why hasn't Paul posted a photo of him doing (foo) yet?" where (foo) is something that has been mentioned which it would be awesome to take a photo of yourself doing is a minor meme. It's only been invoked a few times, though.
Logged

pmcd9

  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 608
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12778
  • The Kid is up to no good
    • View Profile
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2006, 09:57:27 pm »

Yeah, I don't think anyone nominated Mel's stories...

Ahem...

I think it counts as a meme that a certain lady tells amazing stories for every occasion.

~Paul

Logged
I hope I never have to refer to a scone in spoken conversation.

misterqueue

  • Sick Fuck
  • VIP
  • R I S O T T O ?
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 25
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 2011
  • I can do anything I want. And so can you.
    • View Profile
    • A Reason for Diseasin'
Re: TOUAMB Birthday Fun: Board Memes
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2006, 11:16:39 pm »

+5 STR!

Beat me to it, dangity dang dang.

ALSO: Paul's photos qualify when other members post a photo essay type thing and explicitly apologise to Paul for horning in on 'his schtick'.

ALSO ALSO: Don't stop Paul, Paul don't stop!

Guilty!

Also, yes please Paul.  Don't stop (can't stop won't stop.. uh uh)
Logged
So it's satire, is it?  Well that changes everything!

Lockjaw is serious times.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up