Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood "One of Your Shoes is By the Dog Food: A Tale of Things Not Worth Mentioning During Married Life," is out in September on Harper-Doubleday.

Poll

Candles: good or bad?

Good!
Bad!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Candles  (Read 6366 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Ben-San

  • -=Ray=-
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 164
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1259
  • Two-Fisted Detective
    • View Profile
Re: Candles
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2006, 07:55:59 pm »

Can you even get unscented candles?

I mostly use what I think of as Shabbas candles, because they're the kind Jews light on Friday night: white unscented wax candles that are round with flat bottoms, about the size of a Magic Marker or a little smaller. These are to me the most basic kind of candle. You can buy big ol' boxes full of them.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Candles
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2006, 11:37:35 pm »

I haven't burned candles much in a long time, but I do still have a bunch around, as well as some nice candleholders. Can't say I have a problem finding scentless candles, variously, be they ye olde stubby self standing type, or the normal, thin kind.

Oh, and the pro of them making everyone look sexy, clearly outweighs every con going. At least if you're going ot sizzle and burn, you can do so while looking really good.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up