Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood If Twain were alive today, he would guffaw despite his benevolent befuddlement.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 29 September 2006 - POUF!  (Read 6350 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2006, 06:23:02 pm »

yesterday, I had my friend read the Cartiledge Head strips. she said "huh, that's pretty cool." Then I told her that mr inconstadt rarely approaches the brilliant weirdness of that arc. today, I eat my words with fork and spoon.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

DanSC

  • YOUR OLD FRIEND BLISTER
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 8
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 79
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2006, 06:32:10 pm »

yesterday, I had my friend read the Cartiledge Head strips. she said "huh, that's pretty cool." Then I told her that mr inconstadt rarely approaches the brilliant weirdness of that arc. today, I eat my words with fork and spoon.

Yeah, that's funny, I was just thinking that this feels very much like we're headed for another Cartiledge Head-esque bout of surrealism.
Logged
"If you can't have fun playin' with a toy truck, then it's time to reevaluate your life."

atom

  • Scrambles the Dog
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 3
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2006, 08:27:58 pm »

Speaking of Hanna-Barbera, did anyone else immediately think of that stretch sfx Mr. Fantastic made in those old Fantastic Four cartoons when Ray's legs started elongating?  Because I know I did.
Logged

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2006, 08:33:36 pm »

They were actually headed to Mexico anyway,

Yes, but now they are magically being kidnapped to Mexico. That's totally different.

You know what I like best?  That every time I think that a particular story arc is looking boring, he surprises me like this.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 02:29:53 pm »

I don't think they're being kidnapped, the chopper is taking them to where they were going, it's just doing it's job.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 08:38:30 pm »

I don't think they're being kidnapped, the chopper is taking them to where they were going, it's just doing it's job.

And at least it's not raining inside. That's got to be a plus.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 09:44:44 pm »

I don't think they're being kidnapped, the chopper is taking them to where they were going, it's just doing its job.

Fixed.
Logged

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2006, 02:57:15 am »

Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2006, 03:13:21 am »

And once again, the hydra of prescriptive grammar rears one of its many ugly heads!
Logged

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2006, 04:46:36 am »

Well said Linnea, if anyone wants me I'll be fasting and flagellating myself in the desert for 40 days as a pennance.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2006, 11:23:53 am »

Don't anyone dare point out that there is a spelling error in Doc's last post. For all you know they spell it differently in Australia.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2006, 12:45:38 pm »

Ah damnit. You know I spent like 4 minutes on google making sure I got 'flagellating' right too? I'm going to leave it, just to be wild. Because that's how I roll.
Oh no he did not just use because at the beginning of a sentence!
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2006, 02:04:27 pm »

Ah damnit. You know I spent like 4 minutes on google making sure I got 'flagellating' right too?

This is the saddest thing.  All the more so because, um, did you ever notice that 'spell check' button down at the bottom there when you are writing a post?
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2006, 02:22:36 pm »

To be honest, no. I've somehow managed to filter that button out of my consciousness for the last... however long I've been here.
Of course we spell 'spell check' differently over here.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: 29 September 2006 - POUF!
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2006, 07:22:16 pm »

I apologize for being an anal-retentive grammar freak. It's in my nature, I cannot help it.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up