Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Did you know...
that the best way to sound like a noob here is to ask what the Tiny Cans of Dr. Pepper are about?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: October Blogs, 2006  (Read 7968 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 08:00:57 pm »

What the hell is hot dog sauce?  Must be from that unfortunate western expanse of the state.

Hot dog sauce is a red sauce that one puts on a hot dog that may or may not replace ketchup depending on the stand. Frequently with ground beef in it (though not nearly the amount in chili or sloppy joes). It's mainly found at window-service hot dog stands and many people have one favorite and won't eat any others if they can help it. And if they do end up eating from another place they'll complain the whole time about how Nick's is so much better and why did we go to Ed's. These stands are also where I discovered the concept of "everything and relish." I guess relish is sufficiently unpopular that it's the same as ordering a pizza with "everything and anchovies."

I don't know what that horrid substance they serve in Chicago is, but pizza it ain't.
Logged

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 08:22:53 pm »

As a Philadelphian, I have been eating and enjoying scrapple my entire life. It is my favourite breakfast meat next to bacon, and I seriously have already looked at ways to get scrapple shipped to D.C. and Chicago.

Dude, but it's grey!
Closest we have I guess is corned beef or spam, neither of which I really touch, so Scrapple just scares me, and I've only just come across it's existence today (I think through something random too).
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 08:29:19 pm »

I had a little pressed corned beef today.  It's awesome.

Scrapple is only grey until you cook it, when it turns a satisfying brown.  It should be crispy on the outside and still a little mushy on the inside.

What makes it mushy is cornmeal.  It is basically scraps of meat mixed with cornmeal so that it holds together.  Ever had a corndog? Imagine if they mixed the meat with the outer covering.

Welcome to scrapple.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 09:36:59 pm »

I need to eat this, now.

And you, Venuses and Cupids, need to eat the new (culinary) love of my life-- st Louis pizza from Imo's.
People who told me to be sure and try this, I will wire you the accustomed Fee.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Doc

  • Growing Cucumbers of Impressive Dimensions
  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1408
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5017
  • an emergency backup pug
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 10:41:54 pm »

who the HELL has a grudge against little Amish girls?

Fred Phelps apparently.

Sorry, totally ot, carry on.

And until I read this thread I thought scrapple was some sort of apple sauce people had on sandwiches, creepy. If it's anything like corned beef I don't want to know about it, that stuff is rank.
Logged
Inev: 'A lot of things are ridiculous if you think about them long enough, you know?'

AugustWest

  • Over Easy
  • Moderator
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 774
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 10549
  • Bulbous, also tapered.
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2006, 01:59:50 am »

I need to eat this, now.

And you, Venuses and Cupids, need to eat the new (culinary) love of my life-- st Louis pizza from Imo's.
People who told me to be sure and try this, I will wire you the accustomed Fee.

I'm jealous.  Imo's is great. 

It's totally counter-intuitive that it should be.  Greasy cheese, thin sauce, flavorless crackery crust.  But somehow, some way, it's just right.
Logged
Infinitely vast, infinitely detailed.

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2006, 02:02:54 am »

I ate half a pie.

(for me, that is a big deal.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

Choop

  • Mod Squad
  • LAZARUS, Tasseled Loafer of the Powerful
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1010
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 4260
  • www dot at rick and morty dot com www
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2006, 03:08:19 am »

Freshman Fifteen, this here's theInevitable. tI, here's FF.

You'll be good friends, I'm sure.
Logged
Nobody exists on purpose; nobody belongs anywhere; everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2006, 05:27:24 am »

dude, I fuckin' hope so. I've been trying to gain weight since I was in the womb.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2006, 07:07:48 am »

dude, I fuckin' hope so. I've been trying to gain weight since I was in the womb.

Hush, you.

Also, a lot of girls like skinny guys.
Logged

JorgeFabregas

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 93
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 1227
  • I was impressed.
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2006, 06:05:14 pm »

It is important to eat Imo's luke-warm or cold. Eating at the restaurant is no good. A major part of the appeal is the gummy texture of the provel. If it's fresh from the oven, it just tastes like American cheese. Their salads are also worth trying--completely unhealthy, but delicious. Iceburg lettuce with loads of provel and a sugary italian dressing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 06:57:32 pm by JorgeFabregas »
Logged
And we know who we should love. But we're never certain how.

CortJstr

  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9820
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2006, 06:29:03 pm »

Geeze, when I was in school all we had was Gumby's Pizza: The Pizza Place So Shitty We Only Open in College Towns! Although you do have to admire a place calling their signature item The Gumby Dammit!
Logged

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2006, 06:35:20 pm »

Greeks make the best pizza.

wombat

  • English-Speaking Pizza
  • Mod Squad
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 644
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 12493
  • Yeah man, these are pugs, not some fuck*ng lolcat.
    • View Profile
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2006, 07:34:01 pm »

Greeks make the best pizza.

This is so wrong, my grandmother is spinning in her grave.
Logged
What is this, the fuckin' Algonquin Round Table or some shit?  - Nabu

If you're going to change your life then you have to change it every day, not just the days the world isn't taking a shit on you. -Doc

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: October Blogs, 2006
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2006, 09:10:21 pm »

wait, eat it cold? why! It's so good warm!

a-so: linnea, I am so aware of this. I tell my mom that I am trying to gain weight, but if I actually gain weight in a way that I can tell (ie: "I can't see my ribs! My stomach isn't perfectly flat, or even concave!") I get all weird. Luckily, I rarely gain weight permanently. I will, though, once i get off my ass and gain some muscle. which is, in my experience, what 50% of girls who pretend to like skinny boys will end up telling you to do. saying "oh, so we can tell each other stuff like that now? By the way, you could stand to (insert damaging personal remark about weight or other element of personal appearance)" is not an acceptable comeback, no matter how upsetting this is. apparently.

(clarification: I was never stupid enough to actually say that. I just really really wanted to, at the time.)
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up