Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

@achewood Ray Smuckles pours one out for Tiger's '09 Escalade. "Shit didn't have to be that way, Tiger. You coulda' taken the damn Buick."

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell  (Read 22543 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2007, 03:02:09 pm »

I am in no way a proponent of human scarification rituals such as these.

However, if you're gonna do it, do it right.

A heart with the name of... either a broken-up band that will never get back together again in it or the name of a famous woman who is in no way considered a sex symbol inside the heart, such as Madeline Albright or Leni Reifenstahl or something similar.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2007, 04:31:22 pm »

OK, let's be honest. now I want the word "Lightning" tattooed somewhere on my body. I will accept suggestions as to the font-- something Sans Serif, I think.
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

slink

  • Moderator
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2007, 04:56:42 pm »

OK, let's be honest. now I want the word "Lightning" tattooed somewhere on my body. I will accept suggestions as to the font-- something Sans Serif, I think.

Comic sans serif? Go the whole hog.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

littlefallsmets

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 363
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6294
  • the perfect is the enemy of the good
    • View Profile
    • this is where I jot down random ideas
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2007, 07:15:48 pm »

Wing-dings.
Logged
I do the Tweets @Cecconi140

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2007, 08:11:10 pm »

If I were going to get a random word tattooed on my body, I would do it in Courier New, but your mileage may vary.
Logged

theinevitable

  • Writer's Workshoppers
  • Dude since Knucklehead times
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 486
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 12139
    • View Profile
    • tweet tweet fun fun
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2007, 08:24:19 pm »


Like this? This might work.
But I was thinking more like... basically the font which is on iPod screens, except bold. That is the closest I can find to the font I am imagining. unless I go through microsoft works and copy/paste Lightning hundreds of times, trying out every single font...
Logged
Social pressures exist
And if you think about them all of the time
You're gonna find that your head's been kicked in
You're gonna do it all for the grind

V-Adore

  • Guest
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2007, 10:42:57 pm »

Chicago (which is, IIRC, the iPod display font) is also an excellent choice for tattoos. In general, I would go for something sans-serif or otherwise relatively unadorned, assuming you actually want your tattoo to be readable later.

Alternately, I must admit that I find Garamond the classiest of the serif-having everyday-use fonts. It's really very nice and understated.
Logged

jaydub

  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 1493
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 5056
  • Arrant pedantry
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2007, 02:58:30 am »

Alternately, I must admit that I find Garamond the classiest of the serif-having everyday-use fonts. It's really very nice and understated.
I use Garamond in my email templates.  I've liked it since I first read Harry Potter.  Nothing to do with the story, I just like the way it looks.
Logged
If you desire peace, work for justice.

robot_god

  • roast beef (the middle cat)
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 74
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 1195
  • Oh my gosh, dude.
    • View Profile
    • ALP Myspace Site
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2007, 04:38:33 am »

OK, let's be honest. now I want the word "Lightning" tattooed somewhere on my body. I will accept suggestions as to the font-- something Sans Serif, I think.

Arial.
Logged
ACHIEVE

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2007, 01:13:24 pm »

Candy Bits. Or Free3of9 is always popular for that distopian future look.
Logged

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2007, 03:05:07 pm »

Back to los gatos:

God, I am going to leave tomorrow for Denver for a couple of weeks. I'm already getting anxious about leaving "the little boys" (Milan and Lennybruce) behind for 2 1/2 weeks. They will be with a qualified professional catsitter with excellent references...but damn. I am going to miss them SO MUCH.

Everyone says, "They're CATS. They will be just fine without you." Milan is very social and loves everyone, so I don't worry about him. Lenny, on the other hand, is my special little guy, and he gets sad when I leave. My mom said that when she used to catsit for me that he would just pine while I was gone. He would be so sad. My catsitter up here says that Lenny mostly hides from her for the first week or so. Then after that I guess he gets sad and lonely enough that he will come up to her for petties. Plus he recognizes that she feeds them.

*sigh* I wish I had a digital or tape recorder so that I could record them purring. Of course, it's a pale substitute for Milan and Lenny curled up next to my head an purring... but dammit. :`( I love going on vacation...but I also hate going on vacation because I have a hard time sleeping when the little rats aren't there.

How pathetic am I?? Jeez.
Logged

Nabubrush

  • Nightlife Mingus
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 448
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 8782
  • The cat wonders if the camera is a foodstuff.
    • View Profile
    • Intonarumoron
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2007, 03:25:52 pm »

Back to los gatos:

God, I am going to leave tomorrow for Denver for a couple of weeks. I'm already getting anxious about leaving "the little boys" (Milan and Lennybruce) behind for 2 1/2 weeks. They will be with a qualified professional catsitter with excellent references...but damn. I am going to miss them SO MUCH.

Everyone says, "They're CATS. They will be just fine without you." Milan is very social and loves everyone, so I don't worry about him. Lenny, on the other hand, is my special little guy, and he gets sad when I leave. My mom said that when she used to catsit for me that he would just pine while I was gone. He would be so sad. My catsitter up here says that Lenny mostly hides from her for the first week or so. Then after that I guess he gets sad and lonely enough that he will come up to her for petties. Plus he recognizes that she feeds them.

*sigh* I wish I had a digital or tape recorder so that I could record them purring. Of course, it's a pale substitute for Milan and Lenny curled up next to my head an purring... but dammit. :`( I love going on vacation...but I also hate going on vacation because I have a hard time sleeping when the little rats aren't there.

How pathetic am I?? Jeez.


I talk to my cats on the phone when I am here at work - and they go crazy. They get really excited and nuzzle the phone and purr and everything. Pooey will even start drooling. You might see if that's workable if you call your cat-sitter while you are gone.
Logged
Never feel that you're out of the loop, because the loop is you. - Platon

linnea

  • VIP
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 168
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 3332
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #72 on: August 18, 2007, 06:46:49 am »

Yeah, it's rubber, and it sort of creates a staticly charged field as you rub with it so that the fur is attracted to the brush.  I was brushing them today and they get this sort of dazed/stoned look on their faces from the shear joy of it.  As far as I can tell you can get the Zoom Groom at almost every pet store for fairly cheap.  I'm not sure if you'll find one locally, but if not, it's easy to find - I just linked to the first site that had it.  It works equally well on the short haired one as it does on the longer haired one, and my SO's parents and grandma both use it too, which is how we got one.

Suh-weeet! Kellichou had a Zoom Groom(tm) at her house that her cats did not like. She brought it over and I got POUNDS of fur off the Fluffy One (Milan). Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn. Milan sheds quite a bit, but I was astonished at the huge volumes of loose fur that the Zoom Groom wrought. Crazy. I should have taken a photo of it. Anyway, I'm really glad that I got it. More brushies for the sweet fluffy Mi-wan.
Logged

side_show

  • Sweet Fancy Moses
  • Mod Squad
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 501
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 6487
    • View Profile
Re: Cats: Small Mammals, spoiled as hell
« Reply #73 on: August 20, 2007, 07:52:58 pm »

A yes, the SO's grandmother was visiting today, and we were brushing our cats and I was giggling about how the rubber nubbies on hers are practically worn off from brushing her giant orange tabby.  Our cats get a quizzical facial expression when we brush them with the Zoom Groom.  Sort of like "I like the way this feels, but I'm not sure if it's okay to like the way this feels."  With three cats, you can get a cat-sized mound of fur per brushing.
Logged
Abuse of power comes as no surprise.

Arachno-capitalist

  • Jacobean Fuckbot
  • Mom-Mom's Weepin' Eye
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 319
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3967
  • Ostriches and I have a history. So I eat them.
    • View Profile
Logged
Guy at my watering hole: "Acap, why do you keep coming to Jack's?They just serve shitty burgers and happen to have beers on tap."
Acap: I was thirsty one day and I sat down. A year later, Jack's was built around me and thirst is a recurring thing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up