Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Trains are saying "hello".  All this time, we just snub them.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trivial Pursuit V6  (Read 6387 times)

0 Members and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

jough

  • God's Own Dick
  • Administrator
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 948
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 6871
  • If you've got the time, we've got El Guapo.
    • View Profile
    • poetry archives
Trivial Pursuit V6
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2003, 03:52:54 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"

Also, most of my trivial knowedge comes from Snopes.com and Dan Savage's column.  Those sources aren't conducive to family board games.


I don't know, there could be a Trivial Pursuit question about what "santorum" is.

And I'm not talking about the bipartisanly loathed senator Rick Santorum from PA, either.

jay-ell

  • Den Mother
  • VIP
  • Philippe is standing on it.
  • *
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 407
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Female
  • Posts: 7869
    • View Profile
Trivial Pursuit V6
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2003, 05:59:23 pm »

I'm just waiting for "Trivial Pursuit: Bizzaire Sexual Practices Edition."  I'd have that one wrapped up (in saran wrap).  

Meanwhile, I have two TP sets.  One was "borrowed" from my parents.  It is the first edition, so most of the questions (especially the science and pop culture ones) are no longer relevant.  The other is the Star Wars 25th anniversary edition, and nobody will play it with my spouse because he is a real super-size Jedi mind trick whack job.  (He has been known to launch into his rendition of the original trilogy as a one-man show as a part of otherwise normal conversation.)  I am the kind of person who forgets the plot of a film before the ending credits are finished, so of course I am at a severe disadvantage here.
Logged
"I always hear 'punch me in the face' when you're speaking. But it's usually subtext." -- Martin Freeman as John Watson

slink

  • Mod Squad
  • Ocular Shenanigans
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 47
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 3051
  • Слінк Ядранко
    • View Profile
    • OMD on MySpace
Trivial Pursuit V6
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2003, 06:22:11 pm »

Quote from: "jldunston"
I'm just waiting for "Trivial Pursuit: Bizzaire Sexual Practices Edition."  I'd have that one wrapped up (in saran wrap).  

Meanwhile, I have two TP sets.  One was "borrowed" from my parents.  It is the first edition, so most of the questions (especially the science and pop culture ones) are no longer relevant.  The other is the Star Wars 25th anniversary edition, and nobody will play it with my spouse because he is a real super-size Jedi mind trick whack job.


Man, I'd be sooo good at the Star Wars one, being geeky enough to know most of the story of the universe untold in film (I don't count the new ones as film - more as some kind of natural disaster).
The version we had is the Scottish edition from I think 1986. Which also makes it impossible for visitors from afar. But as said, we rarely touch it anymore.
Logged
FOOD CHAIN! GET USED TO IT!

CortJstr

  • Moderator
  • Philippe is standing on it
  • Tiny cans of Dr Pepper: 338
  • Offline Offline
  • Gender: Male
  • Posts: 9819
  • Which gives us AN EXCUSE TO DRINK!
    • View Profile
Trivial Pursuit V6
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2003, 06:40:05 pm »

It's funny what they hook onto. 5 had a hard-on for The Perfect Storm. 6 has several questions about Ren & Stimpy and even one about the Mars orbit last month.
Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up